Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 68 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
NYR99JF
Star
Star

Hi all, first time on this forum and did a search and tried everything I found. 

I have 2 Arlo Pro 2 Cameras. Since Arlo did there software update a few weeks ago, Ive been having issues with cameras. First they were both able to view Live feed video but only one would record to the library when motion was detected and the other didn't. I was able to get the cameras today and disconnected everything and reconnected both. After several times doing this I finally got the cameras to both record motion and save to library but can't get live feed on either! All I get on both cares from my phone (iPhone 12 Pro Max) is a continuos spinning circle! Can anyone help out here Im literally stumped. I refuse to pay for a subscription for technical help...I think thats insane when everything was working great before there update.

Thanks 

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

HI @NYR99JF

The Arlo development team is now currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. 

68 REPLIES 68
Dannybear
Master
Master
I’ve had the same issue recently but only a few times. As it seems to be dependent on which arlo server I login to so I put it down to arlo server hiccups.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@NYR99JF

Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using? 

Have you tried to remove > Reinstall the app and test the live streaming again?

NYR99JF
Star
Star

Thanks for the reply....I am using the latest version from the Apple app store whatever that might be lol....I have tried deleting it and reinstalling it also and still wasn't able to see the live feed as of last night. I haven't checked today because I am having some stuff done to my AC system and I have to power to check wifi at the moment.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@NYR99JF

That's perfect, you'll knock another troubleshooting step out of the way by rebooting when the power comes back. Let me know how it goes. 

NYR99JF
Star
Star

Ok, so put power back on and still No Live Feed...just keeps circling and not loading.

NYR99JF
Star
Star

So just went to the app store now and they must have got an update since yesterday installing now

NYR99JF
Star
Star

App updated...still no live feed

NYR99JF
Star
Star

Tried uninstalling app and reinstalling app after updating it...then restarted base and nothing...still no live feed...cameras are recording but just wont give me live feed!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you live stream from another device or the web portal?

NYR99JF
Star
Star

I tried from my laptop on the web portal and it says on there that your device appears to be busy or offline. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you able to snap a screenshot of this for me?

Thanks

NYR99JF
Star
Star

of the laptop screen?

NYR99JF
Star
Star

this is the web portal

arlo.jpeg

NYR99JF
Star
Star

arlo.jpg

NYR99JF
Star
Star

for some reason it wont let me put the picture in here....shows up as the sign above

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @NYR99JF

I have a few questions for you:

• Which ISP are you using, and what type (cable/DSL/fiber/satellite/dial-up)?
  • Do you have an intricate network setup, Such as a microwave repeater or something to receive internet to your location?
  • Which software update are you referring to? 
NYR99JF
Star
Star

ISP is Comcast/XFinity

The software/firmware update was done automatically by Arlo...I received a message when I looked at the Cameras one day that it was being updated. this was about a month or so ago...benn having issues ever since. After Update, one camera worked live stream and one didn't...neither would show recording in library at the time. I was not able to get access to my cameras for a few weeks as I was away. I was pretty upset not being able to know hat was going on at my house when I wasn't home when this is the reason i paid for these cameras. Anyway, when I got back home I did a reset and re-synced everything. Now both cameras record to library but I still cannot see a live feed...As I said earlier all was working perfectly before the update was done. Ive tried just about everything and nothing seems to be working.

Is there anything I am missing?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @NYR99JF

The Arlo development team is now currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. 

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

I see you are looking into this problem which I have also had for a while too when logging in to Arlo home on my laptop ie no live feed and shows "timed out"  when I try to conect . I have changed nothing but tried everything to resolve it . There is no problem with live feed on my two phones only on my 3 laptops . Have also tried various search engines and all the same .  I had a live chat on the 24th Oct and was told someone would reply , I have had only one suggesting I delete the app and redownload which is nonsense as the phones are ok as stated . I have updated the case 4 times but no further answers from Arlo (Case 42776827) . I am now truely losing my patience with this as it is clearly something Arlo has done . I would appreciate an answer to this asap too . 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Barney999

Do you have the latest version of OS installed on your laptop, it sounds like there is something that is out of date? 

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Shayne , good thought but have just updated OS and everything else but has made no difference to the lack of livefeed .  This is very frustrating although I can live feed on my phones I cant work out why this has suddenly happened and only on my laptops .........I look forward to a solution .

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi ShayneS , my on going quest to sort this problem has shown a possible reason . I borrowed a Chrome book took it to my house and tried for a live feed with it ......it worked !  Leads me to think it maybe Norton on my laptop somehow blocking the live feed as the Chromebook runs on windows security I beleive . So Norton being such a major world wide security software I we need to know if Arlo has a work round so the system live feed can be viewed . Please let me know asap what if anything can be done about this please.  BTW can you still let us know if this thread gets timed out ?  .

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Live feed on my lap top has stopped working roughly 4 -6 weeks ago  , I have been advised to use Safari by Arlo but you can only use it on a Macbook . Everything else works including library and I have tried everything including downloading various apps for Edge , flags etc . It would seem HEVC is not supported by any search engine avalible to me . So whats the answer .......?   The Arlo system doesnt work as sold and so in some respects is not fit for purpose .  Please Arlo what are you doing about it as it must affect all your customers now .

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barney999 wrote:

It would seem HEVC is not supported by any search engine avalible to me .

Is this a Windows laptop?  

If so, can you let us know what processor it is using?

If your laptop is fairly new (6th generation Intel or AMD processor or newer), then it has hardware support for HEVC.  But to use it with Arlo, you need to use the Edge browser, and usually need to purchase Microsoft's HEVC extension for Windows from the Microsoft App store.  Though the extension only costs $0.99, it's good to know if it will work for you before purchasing it.

FWIW, you can also test HEVC browser playback using this link:

https://h265.webmfiles.org/embed-h265-video.php

HEVC is the top video - if you only hear the audio, then the browser isn't capable of rendering it.

Discussion stats
  • 68 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation