Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

(NEW FEATURE REQUEST) How Can We Ask For Remote Base Login As A New Feature?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
netstv
Follower
Follower

Hello Arlo Community,

I have the Arlo Pro 2 system up at my cabin.  We've had man y break-ins and since I've put the Arlo Pro2 in place, I've seen a few tweaked out a$$h$$les but my cameras make them quickly scamper away.

I have this system because my internet is so slow at the cabin (Anyone using Hughesnet knows what I'm talking about).

When I need to reposition cameras or do any testing for the sounds etc, it takes me forever.  Today I spent 3 hours repositioning 3 camera and testing to make sure the siren and my voice works loud enough.

As a developer myself (of routers and web servers using the RestAPI) I know it's not that hard to add on a webserver that listens on the local port just for local testing.  Configuration changes can be left for upstream during normal communications.

Before I posed this question I searched to see how many people asked the same question and there a bunch.  I think this feature would help you in competitive analysis vs. Ring and others.

If you are reading this still, and woiuld like to see this feature, just add your name in a reply and I can keep pushing that giant company netgear to see if I can get this added into their backlog of new features.

Thanks.

-Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master

@netstv,

Regarding your question:
(NEW FEATURE REQUEST) How can we ask for remote base login as a new feature?

You can post your idea in the exchange section at the homepage of this forum.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange/tab/most-recent

The forum leaders regularly check them and respond to new ideas. Forum members can also kudos your idea there as well if they view them.

I am surprised they don’t have this already in place or they do and not for public consumption.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I thought the Camera Positioning  and Motion Detection Test utilities were local functions to avoid the latency associated with network and server connections involved in normal camera function.  Is that not the case?

https://kb.arlo.com/29/How-do-I-use-position-mode-to-aim-my-Arlo-camera

Though I just tried Camera Postitioning and it just sat there spinning.

Update:  Camera Positioning finally woke up and it was very responsive.  I’m sure it is some sort of local function.  It was very responsive to camera movements.

I just noticed this text from the KB.  Perhaps it is still streaming to the cloud.

Note: Position mode streams video as fast as possible, without buffering, so that you can aim the camera while watching on a smartphone or computer and make near real-time adjustments to the camera position. This means that you might see lower quality video while in position mode.”

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation