Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
KSHSKS
Follower
Follower

I have a six camera Arlo Pro system with one base station using the free cloud storage plan/account. I use the cameras primarily for indoor coverage.

I'm thinking of adding cameras for outdoor coverage as well. Could I buy a new six camera Arlo Pro 2 system (with one base station) and setup another free cloud storage plan/account?

I'm hoping:

1) Avoid a monthly fee for the cloud storage.

2) get "better" cameras for outdoor coverage.

3) Segregate indoor viewing from outdoor viewing by account (maybe let a relative check up on the exterior).

I guess I'm wondering if two base station operating on different accounts in the same house will have a conflict?

Thanks for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MGEP
Guide
Guide
Apologies for the long delay replying. Not had a minute!

I've resolved the issue where I couldn't view cameras through the second base station. Why I couldn't is beyond me because the cameras linked to that base station had only ever been linked to it (and not another base station).

What did I do? Completely remove the link to each camera from the second base station, and then remove the link to the base station itself, before adding it all over again. Resetting the base station concerned and each camera too. Everything is now fine and works perfectly through the app, however why it wouldn't work to begin with... well, who knows!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes you can set up two bases with two different accounts the only thing is you'll have to 1) have different passwords and Loggins and  2) you will have to arm each unit separately.

The bases will not interfere with each other....I have 3 running now and no issues

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
redsled84
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running 2 Arlo Pro base stations on the same account.  Station 1 runs the cameras around my house (5 cameras).  I added a wifi extender to get wifi to my garage then added another base station to my account through my phone and added 3 more cameras to that station.  One camera is inside the garage and is set with alarm on at night so if door opens it goes off.   This set up allows me to run different modes for each base station.   I did this cause have had people on my property trying my garage numerous times.  I pay for the lowest level cloud storage ($9.99/month) and its cheap and well worth it. 

MGEP
Guide
Guide

Interesting that you have managed to get this to work.

I have two base stations: one in my property, the other in an outbuilding away from the property using a powerline adapter. Have a few issues though:

- Two cameras currently linked to second base station in outbuilding show as offline when logging into ARLO app (both base stations are linked to the account through the app). The cameras linked to the second base station don't display any battery status or motion status either, YET periodically show the "LIVE" screen for a fleeting moment. I don't quite understand what's going on here nor why.

Obviously, the second base is linked to an extension of the existing property network, which has a slightly different name, but why should this matter? Why can't the app show the properties for all cameras in the network? It knows they're all there and connected!

Gman001
Tutor
Tutor

Can one connect a single or multiple camera to 2 base stations?  In other words, if one base station goes down, the other still provides connectivity.

Glenn

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope.

simma
Initiate
Initiate
How do you set up multiple base stations?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just use the Add Device button (web) or + (app) to claim each base. You can then sync cameras to them. If moving a camera from one base to another, be sure to remove the camera from the first base in Settings, My Devices, your camera.

simma
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for the info.
Even thought both bases are listed it wants me to upgrade because there is a max of 5 cameras, I want to connect 5 to the old base and two to the new.....
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Either upgrade your subscription to Premier or remove the second base and create a second account with a second email address. Add the base there and sync the extra cameras. Use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first so all will be seen in one login.

MGEP
Guide
Guide
Apologies for the long delay replying. Not had a minute!

I've resolved the issue where I couldn't view cameras through the second base station. Why I couldn't is beyond me because the cameras linked to that base station had only ever been linked to it (and not another base station).

What did I do? Completely remove the link to each camera from the second base station, and then remove the link to the base station itself, before adding it all over again. Resetting the base station concerned and each camera too. Everything is now fine and works perfectly through the app, however why it wouldn't work to begin with... well, who knows!
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation