Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Security Light System

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MRVITO
Guide
Guide

Greetings.... I recently installed two ARLO PRO 2 cameras outside of my house, one in the front and one in the back. I'm interested in adding two of the ARLO lights as well (ALS 1101.) Been reading up on the ARLO web-site on the light description. I'm a little confused on a few things.....#1...Do I need the Bridge (separate purchase) to make the light function from the ARLO APP on my phone (or on my computer) ? ...#2...If I don't need the Bridge, can I use the phone APP to function the light? I'm interested in being able to turn the light on AND off at will, especially when we're sitting on the back patio in the summer evenings. Also, I'm assuming that when I'm away and I have everything turned on and ready to go, a motion turning on the light will also turn on the cameras as well, which I believe the description says it will do. Many thanks....

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The lights require a bridge unit to connect/be controled by the base unit

The app can toggle on the lights manually but as they run on battery, leaving on long time may deplete them much faster.

As to the camera/ light... the cameras being triggered on motion can turn on the lights OR the lights being triggered can turn on the cameras... and it works very well. I actually find the light PIR to be a great trigger for the cameras

( the lights have a day/night sensor so they do not come on during the day but can still trigger on motion; to save battery )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MRVITO
Guide
Guide

Thank You,

It's unfortunate that on the ARLO web-site and looking at the light information, I didn't find any reference at all to the light needing the Bridge, unless I missed it. I would have been upset if I oriderd a light or two, only to find out that I needed a Bridge as well. Also, if the Bridge is included with the light (which I don't think it is) that would be nice to know as well. Not ranting at you Sir, just thinking out loud. So, if I understand your answer correctly, I do need a Bridge; can I assume that if I order two lights that one Bridge will take care of both? I'm thinking that they will, as I saw an ad on Amazon listing two lights and one Bridge. Thanks again for your assistance; being new to ARLO, it's helpful. I couldn't find anywhere in the Community my original post yesterday, no drop-downs, no "your posts" type info, etc. I was getting pretty frustrated, but my chance, I typed my user-name in the Community Search box and up popped my post. Glad I found it, but there should be a link in plain view to direct newbies like me. Thanks again!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using the Products link at the top and choosing the lights brings me here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-light/default.aspx

About halfway down the various systems are shown, each with a bridge. Selecting any one of them includes a "What's Included" section which lists a bridge.

MRVITO
Guide
Guide

Thank You Sir....found it.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation