Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Move Arlo Pro2 Base Station and Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Holladay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Go2 system. Base station + 4 cameras. I need to move the system to a new house that has different internet service. Can I simply remove the base/cameras and reinstall at the new location? Will the app (on my phone) still recognize the base station and cameras? Or will I have to go through the set up process at the new location?

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You mention a GO camera, but I think you mean Pro as the Go doesn't use a base...

Answer is YES,.. you should be able to just move the base to the new location and plug in. If it sees the internet, it should start up without issue.  You may have to resync the cameras if they are offline for an amount of time as they loose sync after a while.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You mention a GO camera, but I think you mean Pro as the Go doesn't use a base...

Answer is YES,.. you should be able to just move the base to the new location and plug in. If it sees the internet, it should start up without issue.  You may have to resync the cameras if they are offline for an amount of time as they loose sync after a while.

Morse is faster than texting!
Holladay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, yes, Arlo Pro2, not Go (I have an Arlo Go too). 

Thanks for the reply and that's good news!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation