Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion test - Receiving False Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
B3mi11
Initiate
Initiate

I have been seriously struggling with getting notified about the right things on these cams. I’ve set the sensitivity at 1 and still got notified about every car that drove by, yet no people trigger the motion unless they get about 6-8 feet from the cams, my yard is about 20 feet and that’s not early enough warning for me, I’ve set it to 100 and it was the same... I can’t use activity zones unless I wire it in, which is not why I got these cams, any suggestions? I’m trying to get the cams to alert me to people and not cars

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just answered a similat question. Read the FAQs here on setting motion detection in your modes and rules. The test is just a test to get you a number to plug into your rules. Consider custom modes for full control.

B3mi11
Initiate
Initiate

So what custom mode would you recommend or use as an example to give me more control? I want to see people when they walk around my house before they are already at my windows or doors

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read the FAQs? You need to be familiar with modes and rules since all settings are in there. There's also the issue of proper camera positioning - many folks get way too much scenery in the camera views so roatate them down to eliminate sky, street, etc. Just go for the actual areas of interest. Remember that people detection is out to ~25 feet max. Read the FAQ on camera positioning, too.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation