Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Jmhome
Initiate
Initiate

I can Not stress enough how frustrating this camera perform compare to its pricing.

I have set all detection to the highest, both audio and motion. I was even watching the event live, but it just wouldn’t record, and on so many occasions not just once or twice

But sometimes, it would just record for some 20 or so minutes when I set it to record 59seconds

If I am not choose again, I would never recommend this system, totally disappointed

8 REPLIES 8
chrisd99
Tutor
Tutor

Given the Arlo Pro 2 for christmas, so many inconsistent issues with motion detection and non recording. Having the same issue, when I watch it live, I get an alert that it's recording but it doesn't get sent to my library. Latest firmware.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jmhome and chrisd9,

Are you still experiencing thee issue where you're not receiving recordings from your camera? Try checking on the web client on your computer to see if you see any recordings. Otherwise, try removing the battery from your camera and re-insert it back in to see if that helps.

Jmhome
Initiate
Initiate
Still same here.
The two camera
One is actually working fine.

But the other one is just not recording most the time

And both is connected to power supply so battery is not an issue
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmhome wrote:

And both is connected to power supply so battery is not an issue

disconnecting the charger and removing/reinserting the battery reboots the camera, so it is something worth trying.

xoxos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jmhome,
Same experience over here...
Going to try removing the battery since that’s what’s suggested to you as a your reply.
Carl_G
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem within the last month on all three of my cameras.  I have pulled all the batteries and reset my entire system to no avail.  Mine can pick up my car pulling out of my garage but it is 50-50 if it picks up anything that pulls in.  I also removed all the cameras from my network and reinstalled and varied the motion sensitivity from 90 to 100 but that did not make a difference.  A month ago the camera would capture a small cat crossing the end of my driveway, now it can't see a 5000 lbs SUV.  FRUSTRATING!!!!

If I set the cameras for audio trigger, it will pretty much record all day long with all the construction going on in my neighborhood.

Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have started having the same problem on all my cameras. I have pro2 and pro cameras. All will see motion because I can see the motion icon on the app turn orange when I walk by but nothing goes to the cloud library. I have rebooted the base station to no help.
Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have activity zones on one of my cameras and it seemed to be the problem. I deleted all activity zones and now I am getting all recordings into the cloud on all cameras. That seems to be a problem in itself but it fixes this problem for me. Hope this helps
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation