Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to view VMB3500r4 on Mac Air? Not loading Adobe Flash Player on Mac.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hennesbe
Star
Star

Does anybody know how to view the camera's on a Mac Air?  I am not loading  Adobe Flash Player on a Mac,  And that's what the sys calls for when I trie to view a camera

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
martincc
Luminary
Luminary

Since you mention a MacBook, if you are running Safari as your browser then you have to:

0. Insure you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed (check Apple menu, Preferences). If you do not have this, then visit Adobe.com to download and install the latest version.

1. open Safari browser

2. navigate to the Safari menu, then select "Preferences"

3. Look across the top of the window where the categories are listed with an icon, there select the icon "Websites"

4. Scroll down the list at left to select "Adobe Flash Player"

5. Click "on" to allow Adobe Flash Player to run for the website "my.arlo.com"

For other browsers there can be other ways to deal with the Arlo software.

M

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@hennesbe wrote:

I am not loading  Adobe Flash Player on a Mac,  And that's what the sys calls for when I trie to view a camera

Is there something missing from that sentence?

The first bit, "not loading Adobe Flash Player", doesn't make sense. Flash is needed.

What browser are you using?

Can you explain what "the sys calls for" means?

What are you doing and what prompts do you see?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
hennesbe
Star
Star

oops,,,,sorry for vague comment. I wanted to view camera while on the Mac if I had an alert but it tells me I need  to load Adobe flash.  I did that once and it brought along all kinds of garbage that affected my computer so I dumped it.  I had malware and continued to get popups trying to sell me stuff.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@hennesbe wrote:

I did that once and it brought along all kinds of garbage that affected my computer so I dumped it. 

Probably a coincidence. Many people happily allow Flash without becoming infected.

We still don't know what browser you used.It makes a difference.

Several times a week someone turns up here asking about Flash. So there is plenty of experience on the subject. But it does depend on knowing the browser.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
martincc
Luminary
Luminary

Since you mention a MacBook, if you are running Safari as your browser then you have to:

0. Insure you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed (check Apple menu, Preferences). If you do not have this, then visit Adobe.com to download and install the latest version.

1. open Safari browser

2. navigate to the Safari menu, then select "Preferences"

3. Look across the top of the window where the categories are listed with an icon, there select the icon "Websites"

4. Scroll down the list at left to select "Adobe Flash Player"

5. Click "on" to allow Adobe Flash Player to run for the website "my.arlo.com"

For other browsers there can be other ways to deal with the Arlo software.

M

hennesbe
Star
Star

Yes, im using Safari

I've discovered I can view the saved videos but not watch live.  

I don't need to watch live on the computer so that's ok.

I'm not loading Adobe flash because I don't need it for anything else.

When I had it for a few days I kept getting popups trying to sell me stuff

After I removed Flash the popups stopped

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation