Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DHSSREDSTAR
Star
Star

This is the 2nd time I've had to report this issue.  I have seven Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  I recently upgraded to the new Arlo Secure application.  Since then, my cameras have gone online/offline frequently.   As of tonight, they all stopped detecting and recording motion.   I've done all the trouble shooting steps.  I've reset the base station, I've hard powered cycled the base station off/on.   I've tested the motion detection to see the amber light (it doesn't detect motion and there is no amber light on the cameras).  I've removed the battery, waited several minutes and reinserted and tried again.   None of these trouble shooting steps have been effective.  My camera system effectively no longer works.  

I'm at my wits end with Arlo.  My subscription in due at the end of august.   I cannot renew if this cannot be fixed.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cameras going offline isn't an app issue - it's one of connectivity or possibly a firmware issue (unlikely).

Unfortunately, fixing the offline issues can take time or need the use of the "nuclear option" (remove all devices from your account and start fresh, as if new). When 1 or 2 cameras go offline, it may be useful to swap cameras with a working location in case it's an issue with the location (signal strength/quality). You now state that all cameras aren't recording which is a known issue (use the search function). This can be remedied in 3 possible ways:

1) Remove one camera from your account and add it back to see if that helps.

2) Remove all devices as noted above.

3) Ask the mods ( @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN ) to run a backend sync to fix the problem.

#3 is the best option if you can wait. Otherwise start with #1 to see if that helps before using that nuclear option.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation