No push notifications, no recordings but live ok

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 In Conversation
Bluesky18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello I have the same issue as the post "No alerts, no videos, but can watch live".  I already tried all steps but it is still not working. @BrookeN, I am trying to dm you but can't find the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.  Please help.  Thank you.

29 REPLIES 29
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I synced your account using our back-end tools, please allow 24 hours to see the change. Log out and back in on the app was well. Let me know tomorrow if the behavior is resolved. 

Bluesky18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much BrookeN. It is working now!

True story to share

I was helping my neighbor earlier to troubleshoot her internet issue. She is 84 years old and not tech-savvy at all. I did all basic troubleshooting including router and ONT box reset multiple times but no dice. So I called on her behalf to the carrier for support. I spent an hour with the tech and basically repeated what I did earlier. At the end I was able to help my neighbor to schedule a tech to come onsite then I left her house.
The moment when I approached to my door and I heard "DING", the "DING" sound that I have been waiting for is back. My Arlo cameras is working again. I am so happy!! What I'm trying to say here is God is watching and listening, go out to help others if possible.

Monloop
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue how can it be solved?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Monloop I synced your account using our back-end tools, please allow 24 hours to see the change. Log out and back in on the app was well. Let me know tomorrow if the behavior is resolved. 

@Bluesky18 thank you for sharing that story. And I am so glad that it is working again. If you have any other questions, please reach out. Have a great rest of your week. 

Monloop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks it works!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Glad to hear. Have a great rest of your day. 

Aaronblank182
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also not seeing any recording or notifications. Only can view live 

SamChan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

i receive notification, i see the video in library but would not play, keep loading and also the live is not working, it shows static image instead.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Aaronblank182 can you please log out of the account and log back in.

@SamChan can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

SamChan
Aspirant
Aspirant

it happened to another family member and also when i use web portal to try playing the video, it would not be able to as well.

its not the internet and I have tried both mobile and desktop web page portal.

tried delete and install again and it works, but whats the problem?

and also it would work on web page, why?

SamChan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, its not working again.

is the server having any problems?

it has started to react like this for few days.

TracyChris
Aspirant
Aspirant

We also are searching the messages because our 7 day recordings have stopped. Can you please do your magic on our account too? 

Aaronblank182
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! I tried logging out and back in but still no recordings. I should still be grandfathered in for 7 days free right? Thanks for any help

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aaronblank182 wrote:

I should still be grandfathered in for 7 days free right? Thanks for any help

Yes.  

Many users have reported that

1. removing the cameras and base from the account
  2. resetting the base with a paper clip
  3. reinstalling the base and cameras

resolves this problem.

But there is a risk, because the reinstall step sometimes can be very difficult.

I'm tagging the mods ( @BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC ) to call their attention to your post.  They have been able to resolve this remotely for at least some folks.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have did a sync using our back-end tools. Please allow 24 hours to see the change. Log out of the account and log back in tomorrow and then monitor the Pro 2. Please let me know if you see the same behavior. 

OsamaN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't see option to DM you @BrookeN , no envelope anywhere. Same problem here as everyone else, recording and notifications have been dead for many weeks and nothing seems to help.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@OsamaN  I have did a sync using our back-end tools. Please allow 24 hours to see the change. Log out of the account and log back in tomorrow and then monitor the Pro 2. Please let me know if you see the same behavior. 

OsamaN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you @BrookeN !!! System already working as expected.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OsamaN wrote:

I don't see option to DM you @BrookeN , no envelope anywhere. 

pm.png

Mikey7505
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello! I have the same issue, I can view live camera feed but I do not get any push notifications with motion detection. Please Help!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have did a sync using our back-end tools. Please allow 24 hours to see the change. Log out of the account and log back in tomorrow and then monitor the Pro 2. Please let me know if you see the same behavior

Halv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

i have the same problem. No notification, no recording, but can see live. Problem just with one camera out of two. The other camera is working normally.

JCB72
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. No notifications, no video, live ok. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have did a sync using our back-end tools. Please allow 24 hours to see the change. Log out of the account and log back in tomorrow and then monitor the Pro 2. Please let me know if you see the same behavior.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 In Conversation