Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection stopped working after 2.19.20 update? Tried removing battery and re-syncing.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Edhonea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had anyone experienced that their motion sensor for a camera stopped working after the 2.19.20 update?

One of my cameras is not picking up and motion detection but the other is. I've found posts from a year ago that detail solutions for a similar issue, but they have not worked.

This includes the removal of the battery, unlinking the camera and resynching.

Any input would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edhonea
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I did the steps Sasantiago listed above numerous times and it did not work.

I took the batter out and grabbed a q tip and clean the battery connections with rubbing alcohol, dried them, and then places a cotton ball behind the battery to get a more snug fit. This fixed my issue for now at least. If it messes up more I'm sure I'll follow up. If you're still under warranty contact Arlo before taking these steps to avoid invalidating your warranty.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASANTIAGO
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I had 2 camera's no longer picking up motion. Took battery out, put back in and did a restart from the app. Now both are picking up motion again.
Pchammond
Aspirant
Aspirant
Only have had my pro 2 wire free camera for two days. My camera stops recording and stops detecting motion at night. Why is it stopping? I can’t figure out how to fix it and to get it to detect motion at night
Edhonea
Aspirant
Aspirant
When you say restart do you meaning removing it from the account and then resynching it to the base?
SASANTIAGO
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. Go to settings, choose Base, scroll down to restart.
SASANTIAGO
Aspirant
Aspirant
I took the battery out, put back in then from settings I chose Base, scrolled to bottom and did a restart.
Edhonea
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I did the steps Sasantiago listed above numerous times and it did not work.

I took the batter out and grabbed a q tip and clean the battery connections with rubbing alcohol, dried them, and then places a cotton ball behind the battery to get a more snug fit. This fixed my issue for now at least. If it messes up more I'm sure I'll follow up. If you're still under warranty contact Arlo before taking these steps to avoid invalidating your warranty.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation