Horrible Pixelation on Movement & CVR times wrong

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Zath
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having lots of troubles with my new Arlo Pro2 setup. I've included model details below. This is connected through a Spectrum cable internet connection with at least the 10mb upstream bandwidth plan.

The camera is both used for motion recording and on the 30 day CVR plan. I also have a 32gb thumbdrive for local recording.

The camera has 3 bars of signal to the base station.

My biggest two problems are (1) Pixelation of moving things and (2) CVR times not matching.

(1) Pixelation
Here's a snapshot of the pixelation on a moving truck.  There's only one truck, it's doing about 5mph or so, but it's pixelated across the entire stretch of road.  There's hardly ever a single solid shot of the truck.

pixelation.PNG

(2) CVR times not matching
the times on the movement videos don't match what's on the CVR and, for that matter, the CVR doesn't even match itself (See the two times in the picture below... 12:37:36 comes BEFORE 12:37.

cvr.PNG

Does anyone have any idea how to help? Issue 1 is making the cameras mostly useless.

Zath in NC

Base
   HW Version: VMB4500r2
   Firmware: 1.15.0.1_3092_d878851

Camera
   HW Version: H6
   Firmware: 1.125.13.0_31717

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Zath

When did this issue first occur & What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Zath
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've rebooted everything.  I had mom move the box closer to the camera, which is why it now has 3 bars.  I turned off the "and also record the doorbell" in case it was overtaxing things (Though the doorbell doesn't work off the basestation). That's about all I can do.

There's nothing in the house using the wifi except for one wifi extender (Which I'm using to get the base station closer to the camera).

Zath

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Zath

If possible can you try & remove the camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-add it & test the pixelation again?

Zath
Aspirant
Aspirant

No one is there who can climb up on the ladder to yank the camera down and/or mash the sync button in-place to re-add it. 😞

I was hoping the solution would be something beyond some flavor of reboot it, re-add it, unplug it, shake the box really hard, etc.  That's not a sustainable solution every time this happens.

I take it this is a problem with the cameras for which there is no solution, given that we're already at the last resort of "reboot everything because sometimes it just gets mucky and we don't know why" approach.  It makes the cameras unreliable and the video unusable when it does this.

BillRin
Tutor
Tutor

I had bad pixelation on my cvr and it appears for now that I solved it.  First, I tried everything I could think of... I rebooted my camerabase, the camera, the orbi satellite connected to my camerbase, my router.  I moved my camerbase farther away from any metals, walls (maintaining a short distance of 10 feet away from camera). The best results I got were pixelation was resolved for 8 to 24 hours but always returned. Since I have 8 cameras on my system, I uninstalled my cvr camera and switched it with another camera hoping that it was just a defective camera.  BIG mistake! I lost all cvr capabilities, called customer service, and they had me remove my yearly subscription and replaced it with the current monthly cvr plan (GRRR).

Anyway, CVR was back up and running with pixelation and everyday I was unplugging the camera which would give me about  a day free from pixelation. Because I was plugging and unplugging the camera everyday, I noticed that the prongs on the plug (forgive me I dont know the right terminology) were the same size, unlike most prongs that have one slightly larger than the other. Just to try something different, I turned the plug upside down and plugged it in to the other outlet on the same outlet box. Its been 12 days now,  CVR is still working just fine. I have no idea why or even if this is what fixed the pixelation, but for now it seems to be working. Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.  Good Luck!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation