Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Cameras stopped detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DirtyMo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good Morning I have a 6 camera system 3 of them are outside and the one that’s in front of my house stopped detecting motion only unless your right under it? I unhooked it removed battery removed it from my app reinstalled it and same problem! I took one of my indoor cameras and put at this same location and same thing? It has been about 10-14 degrees at night and 30s during the day but it never corrects itself? Can someone help with ideas? Oh and I also rebooted the base station? Thank You

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To make sure it's not a hardware issue, try swapping the bad camera with another.... see if the issue follows camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
DirtyMo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tom I did and it does the same thing but it’s only at this location?? Should I move location? Never have had a problem? All outside cameras are mounted the same on my gutters?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you swapped cameras and it happens at the same location, then something about the location is funky... be interference or blocked signal at times.

Have seen a large mirror block signals and at another microwave usage caused issues... hard to tell what causes but it does seem to like that location

placement is just as important as sense levels... motion should be across field of view rather than straight on

https://kb.arlo.com/000051462/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-Pro-2-camera

DirtyMo
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac I have done everything deleting everything starting over and the results are the same all my cameras have been in the same spot for 2 years I’m not sure what to do ? In my attached photo for 2 years I would pickup anything in this frame but now nothing at night and during the day it intermittent at best? It’s like Arlo has restricted distance or something? Last week they did send out a message about maintenance? Could that have done anything?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the maintenance shouldn't have effected anything...

Looks like a good location , the only thing I would try is to eliminate the one light shining into camera ( garage )...

But if all the cameras do the same thing there and otherwise normally work fine, something is not right.

I would temp mount the camera in the aprox ( +/- 5ft ) area maintaining the same view but see if it make any diff.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation