Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection going off with nothing to trigger it. Light somehow changes.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kam582
Aspirant
Aspirant

After several months of near flawless performance, our driveway camera is suddenly activating for no reason many times a day. When we view the recording, it appears that the light is changing somehow at the beginning of the recording. I do believe it has something to do with the light hitting the camera, as it does not do it at night. The camera is mounted about 10 feet off the ground, and pointed down. I've adjusted the sensitivity to no avail. The camera activates every few minutes and it's getting aggravating. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're not familiar with changing the rules, you're not changing sensitivity in the right place. The motion detection test is just a test. Read the FAQs here on modifying existing modes and rules as well as creating custom modes. Basically, go to the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes (Armed by default). All settings are in there, including sensitivity. Be sure to save at every opportunity.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Posting a link to a representative video may be useful. Be aware that as the sun's angle changes, so does the amount of reflected IR from it. Are you changing the sensitivity in your modes and rules?

kam582
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply. I've changed the sensitivity down to 25 percent, however it still goes off about every 5 to 10 minutes. I've deleted all the videos, but I'll get some tomorrow and post one. The camera is in the shade all day, but the cement drive is full sun. You mentioned changing the rules. Sorry, I'm not familiar with that.
Thanks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're not familiar with changing the rules, you're not changing sensitivity in the right place. The motion detection test is just a test. Read the FAQs here on modifying existing modes and rules as well as creating custom modes. Basically, go to the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes (Armed by default). All settings are in there, including sensitivity. Be sure to save at every opportunity.

kam582
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, found them. Thanks.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation