Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lpmom
Follower
Follower

There are no recordings in my lib rary anymore. Camera profiles show there are recordings but the library has no recordings.

422 REPLIES 422
Mstropical11
Aspirant
Aspirant
My library has no recording. I did test motion detection and it's working.
JMNusrallah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same lag problem that everyone is talking about in some form or another. Retesting again right now, current speed test is 470mg down 21.59 up 11ms, lag time...getting 40 sec delay. It has been doing this whether the camera is live streaming, wired, battery, CVR, free or motion detected...   

It is a real problem for us because we are using it to help watch a person with latent stage LBD dementia. I cannot stop her from falling if I am warned she has gotten up at the same time she is standing next to me. Not to mention as others have about home security, I have made the housesitter turn around and go back to do something because she was still showing up on cameras twice, did not even remember the delay until she told me that she had already left and came back.

Want to add some upgrading cameras, but am frozen in that process. Do I stick with Arlo or Not? Always been a fan of Netgear technology 😞 

Netvuk
Guide
Guide
Netgear no longer own Arlo in Europe, Verisure do. Do an internet search for ‘Arlo Netgear Verisure prnewswire’ look at the article from prnewswire, in particular ‘about Arlo Technologies Inc’ it’s a bit of a laugh really.
Arlobcs
Star
Star

Personally, I find the Arlo Pro 2 to be too buggy to be of use.  I bought a Pro 3 recently (which is compatible, currently, with the Pro 3 base).  It is far more reliable than Pro 2.  Not only is there the lag problem with Pro 2s, but the cameras frequently go off-line, which is a problem if you have to get on a tall ladder to repeatedly re-sync it.  I'm no longer using one of my cameras because of the ladder routine.  I really would love to see users of Arlo Pro 2 bring a class action law suit against Arlo/Netgear for putting out such a poorly designed line.  At any rate, Nest is a nice option (I have two of them -- very reliable), but if you want to stick with Arlo, the Pro 3 seems to be a reliable camera for me, and it is the one Arlo/Netgear should have launched instead of Pro 2.  Keep in mind, mind, though that Pro 3 does not allow one to keep the charge port connected to the cord -- it operates strictly with the battery, so it is not suitable for hanging somewhere requiring a ladder.

Nay729
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just did the arlo update. Now I am getting no videos to view in my library despite notifications saying there is motion detected. Seems to be a big problem with alot of people. Yes I logged back in and out of app. Rebooted base station etc. PLEASE HELP
Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
I remember when I last updated I had the same problem. I had to delete and redo all schedules and rules I had set up and add them back again. Everything has worked fine since. Hope this helps. Activity zones too if you have that.
morgoth58
Guide
Guide

Putting this out for everyone that has experienced these issues.

Very recently Arlo had a maintenance event, since then I have noticed more videos being captured by all 5 cameras, more notifications AND most importantly more videos that are capturing the trigger event. It may be too early to make a definitive statement but Arlo may have fixed some of their issues. 

I would appreciate any feedback, positive or negative, on your most current experience. It would be good to have confirmation that others are also seeing an improvement, as well as continuing issues to help target these.

Thanks.

Vmyers920
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have experienced better video recordings.  I also seem to be getting more notifications and videos than I ever had on one particular camera.  There still seems to be a lag on one of my cameras - but that most likely is due to our poor internet  and not the cameras fault.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

No apparent change here.

I use mutliple browsers for a variety of reasons and for the past few weeks a few of the browsers were unable to login to Arlo. Arlo was rejecting the valid password.

However, just the other day the problem went away which may be coincidental with the maintenance event you are referring to.

We'll see how things develop.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Love that this is marked Solved...had a trespasser today: Launch app, wait 20 seconds til it's usable, tried to connect to Live Feed, just stayed "Connecting" and never connected. Force close app, re-open, another 20 seconds til app is usable, Live Feed takes 17 seconds. So after ~2 minutes guess who was gone!

Useless, Arlo. Absolutely useless.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

Quote: 

mamarcac 

Love that this is marked Solved...had a trespasser today: Launch app, wait 20 seconds til it's usable, tried to connect to Live Feed, just stayed "Connecting" and never connected. Force close app, re-open, another 20 seconds til app is usable, Live Feed takes 17 seconds. So after ~2 minutes guess who was gone!

Useless, Arlo. Absolutely useless.

Agree. Some folks here claim to have seen an improvement owing to some alleged maintenance issue, but our system has not; still like you, horrible motion capture which used to be decent with our Arlo Pros and all the rest of the issues as well. 

The only thing solved is their lack of interest.

dcmva
Aspirant
Aspirant

The date here is interesting - this is about the time my recording went to hell in a handbag. Like others I get notifications saying things were noticed, but rarely get a video in the library. I have tried re syncing the cameras, power cycling the hub, putting hub on different network port on switch, pulling batteries out of cameras, and still no joy. Prior to the end of last moth the system was working flawlessly - well as flawlessly as electronic devices can, and now I have a system that is basically useless. I will put in a ticket with arlo, but I suspect I will get a lot of the same suggestions to do things I have already done. The one thing left to do is to delete the activity zone, but I am not sure how this would help. I would move the cameras to try to trip the motion sensors, but if I'm getting notifications then the issue is not the cameras or the placement of the cameras.

Don't know where to check next.

alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do you use local storage?  Besides providing the additional backup, I find it to be a helpful troubleshooting tool.  If the recordings are being saved locally, that implies that the cameras are working properly and talking to the base station.  If they're local but not in the cloud, the problem thus must lie with the communication between the base station and the cloud servers, or with the servers themselves.  FWIW.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

Do you use local storage?  Besides providing the additional backup, I find it to be a helpful troubleshooting tool.  If the recordings are being saved locally, that implies that the cameras are working properly and talking to the base station.  If they're local but not in the cloud, the problem thus must lie with the communication between the base station and the cloud servers, or with the servers themselves.  FWIW.

We haven't bothered even trying it since it can't replace the cloud anyway which is undoubtedly the whole problem. 

Our issues are based upon the way the system worked prior to the disasterous May 2019 update which caused the unusual motion detection delays and other issues such as the thumbnails showing images that the recordings don't.

Too, local recording would have no effect upon live view which is also degraded since the May 2019 update and never resolved-----even though they pretend it is.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary
dcmva 

Aspirant

The date here is interesting - this is about the time my recording went to hell in a handbag. Like others I get notifications saying things were noticed, but rarely get a video in the library. I have tried re syncing the cameras, power cycling the hub, putting hub on different network port on switch, pulling batteries out of cameras, and still no joy. Prior to the end of last moth the system was working flawlessly - well as flawlessly as electronic devices can, and now I have a system that is basically useless. I will put in a ticket with arlo, but I suspect I will get a lot of the same suggestions to do things I have already done. The one thing left to do is to delete the activity zone, but I am not sure how this would help. I would move the cameras to try to trip the motion sensors, but if I'm getting notifications then the issue is not the cameras or the placement of the cameras.

Don't know where to check next.

The only thing we can think of that might help if it were possible would be to be able to roll back or otherwise refresh the camera and base station firmware ourselves.

We've done that for years with our computers and it is very effective.

Too bad Arlo doesn't care.

dcmva
Aspirant
Aspirant

@MikeBravo  - I've tried using local storage a few months back, but it was very frustrating. Had some drive here but none of them would work with the hub. Ended up buying a seagate which I saw others had used, put it in a usb case, and plugged it in. Formatting worked and I set the hub to use the drive for local storage. After a couple of days the hub locked up and I had to remove the local storage and reboot, then it didn't recognize the drive so reformat, etc. This happened a few times and I said screw it. One more frustrating experience.

Did you have luck with local storage?

alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the VMB4000 base station, and I use a USB flash drive for local backup.  It works pretty much flawlessly.  I've never tried a hard drive.  I find that local recordings are almost always perfect, which tells me that most issues are with cloud communications or storage.  It gives me another piece of information to share with support when they have tried to blame issues on poor camera signal strength, poor camera placement, etc.  In other words, the problems are usually with the cloud, not the cameras.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

^^ YES. This is why we've been asking for local recording access through the app, remove the cloud dependency. So what do they do? They add the functionality only for the new base station model.

It's like they're trying to lose customers at this point.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

^^ YES. This is why we've been asking for local recording access through the app, remove the cloud dependency. So what do they do? They add the functionality only for the new base station model.

It's like they're trying to lose customers at this point.

Well, that's news to us being stuck with the basic Arlos and a few Arlo Pros.

Of course, it would probably bring the whole company down if they had to pay attention to their CURRENT customers who already invested heavily in their flawed product and do something like that to help us all.

dcmva
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I broke down and got a large usb flash drive to try out for local storage as the hard drive method was such an abysmal failure. I still don't like having to pull the drive to see what's on it from a computer, but at least I will be able to check out how many videos I'm missing. At least I hope so.

I didn't know arlo made any base stations that you could view locally stored videos on through the app. Of course, lately, I haven't kept up because I doubt I buy another arlo product due to the issues I've had and lack of support from them.

dcmva
Aspirant
Aspirant

I connected the usb flash drive up to the base in usb2. The app said it needed to format it, which is strange for new media, but I told it to go ahead. It's been around 15 minutes so far - does anyone know how long it takes to format a 1TB flash drive on the 4000 hub?

brandilynn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Motion detected videos not recording to Library, but push notifications are received iOS/Android.  have been experiencing this for couple of weeks 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @brandilynn

Are the videos appearing on the web browser? you mentioned they do not appear in the library for iOS/Android.