Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lpmom
Follower
Follower

There are no recordings in my lib rary anymore. Camera profiles show there are recordings but the library has no recordings.

422 REPLIES 422
Orrfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try this fix!
Someone else suggested to do this and it worked for me. Delete all activity zones on each camera. I did this to all my cameras and shortly after that my recording started coming into the cloud when my cameras were triggered. But not any of the lost ones,
Masterwayne
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since the New App my Cameras have been acting up, will not trigger, not record, not notify me or anything but live mode! I have done everything. I finally called customer support and they said remove the cameras and re-add them and see what happens, it worked ...... for 1 1/2 days and back to the same thing! So I did it again, and it’s working again! Somethings not right, it has been raining a lot but that can’t have anything to do with it, I don’t think cuz out of 3 of my cameras 1 has always worked. So I’m blaming the app and I’m going to call them again tomorrow.
Morv
Initiate
Initiate

Same Problem. Smart alerts work but no recordings have been made. Manual recordings work fine

I turned on package detection and that made a recording when the post mans letters were detected. seems like a problem at Arlo's end.

MB-SOCAL
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, all my cameras have been working since I took them off "Smart Notifications".  A few hours later I decided to put 1 of my 4 cameras back on "Smart Notifications" and that particular camera was detecting motion, cars passing and would not record to cloud. Basically, the same problems as earlier. So I hope that feature gets fixed again because I really liked sorting out all my recordings and just looking for people passing on my property.

MB-SOCAL
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forgot to mention on my iPhone when I get alerts for a specific camera, I no longer receive the thumbnail picture to do a quick look. I really use that feature.

Jaff66
Guide
Guide
Hi,
I've checked all my camera settings and they have not changed. This issues started with three cameras at first and then within a few hours all the battery cameras stopped recording. The orange man motion indicator works and infra red lights on each camera come on. So as it stands today my system is not fully functional. Arlo says that there are no issues clearly this is not the case. I'm wondering if I have to do a full reset of the base station and register all the cameras again?
DoNotBuyArlo
Star
Star

Wow, it's happening again. Mine was working fine yesterday and now...Do these Arlo engineers mocking around their servers again, while one finger in the anus and the other in the mouth? This ongoing saga is just breathtaking!

Hyperwind5
Star
Star
Deleting the activity areas worked for me, I'm seeing the cloud recordings now as well.
Morv
Initiate
Initiate

Found a work around: Delete all activity zones from each camera. I did this and i am now getting smart alerts and a recording is being made.

swnk
Tutor
Tutor
Seem there was a software update on Oct. 14, 2019 to the app. After the update none of my cameras are recording motion. I see the lights come on and the motion indicator on the app but no video.

Is anyone else having the same issue and were they able to resolve it?

I called the help desk and they wanted me to get one of the cameras (all 6 of which are mounted roof level), remove it from the app and then add it back as a new device (you have to physically press the reset button on the camera to do this). That's a really poor and inexcusable solution.

I tried it and it didn't fix the problem.

Does anyone have a better solution?
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

I don't know if it is the new Android app version 2.9.2_26040. Or the "free month" of Arlo Smart, I have been offered.

But I receive notifications, but no recordings in library. On the app and on PC.

Last recording was OCT 15th 19.08 NZ time  (14th October 23.08 PST)

Has something been broken???

I have rebooted the base station. The app is up to date. And no I haven't contacted support. Its to hard.

BTW.

If received an invite to a  free month of Arlo smart. Why is it charged to my credit card?

api
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. After deleting the activity zones all cameras (pro & pro2) are recording again. This seems to be the solution for the moment. 

Vin111
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the last update 2 days ago my Arlo cameras are no longer storing the videos , I can see the last time the cameras were triggered in the app but there are no videos to be seen, I've also tried the browser and nothing in there , I have rebooted and all cameras are linked to the base station, just no longer saving the videos , any help would be appreciated

pmulli
Aspirant
Aspirant
I faced exactly the same issue since yesterday afternoon. I spoke to support via live chat. Very helpful. I removed one camera and re-synced it with the base unit. All four cameras are recording fine now
Stanfoord
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro user.
For the last two days motion alerts have not resulted in any video recordings. I have been advised by Arlo that there is a known problem at their end and that they are working on it - but don’t know when it will be resolved.
Without video recordings driven by motion alerts this product is not fit for purpose.
DoNotBuyArlo
Star
Star

That's what I'm doing now. I've been scouting the market anything but Arlo. Arlo, so deceitful hope the business bottoms up.

Puttman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo pro cameras, I get notifications from both but no video is stored in the library?

I have restarted the base station, tested the motion sensors but it is not saved. If I try to record manually, it will be saved?
Both cameras are connected with a power cable.
Can understand if I have one defective camera but not on both?

Do anyone have a clue on what to look at?

G28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue.... got x10 cameras, 2 are no longer connecting and 3 random recording today, instead of the 20 notifications. Same yesterday! What is going on here?

pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Jaff66
Before you reset your base station, try removing one of the cameras from the system and reconnect it again see if that helps!
Try erasing/deleting some or all videos from you library as well!
JamesRom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone know what the latest response from Arlo has been? Any news item? Any work around?
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Deleting activity zones seems to have resolved mine not recording too.  Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In reference to what ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Tscg
Aspirant
Aspirant
The two cameras seem to work, in live mode, the red lights come on at night. Just nothing is stored in the library, for these two cameras, although the setting the scene identical to the other four cameras I have. Quinn said I don't leave these two are in my driveway which are more accessible and what someone would tamper with if there are mischievous. unfortunately I have those people in my life.
DCD23
Guide
Guide

The issue was related to missing video clips for almost all cameras below Pro3 for Subscribers who were utilizing "Activity Zones".  It has been reported as resolved:

Between 10/14/19 11:30PM PT and 10/16/19 01:50 AM PT some Arlo Smart subscribers who utilize the Activity Zones feature noticed video clips were missing from their library. This issue impacted all Arlo Camera models except for Arlo Ultra and Arlo Pro 3.

As of 10/16/19 01:50 AM PT this issue is resolved and video recordings now work as previously configured. All Arlo systems are operational.

FInally, they updated the Status Page last night.  That should have happened during the day yesterday.   If they had done that, there might not have been 28 people ahead of me on the support line when I called. 🙂

https://status.arlo.com

bigben89
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem. Actually, this has happened several times now. I will probably go and pull the battery and hope that fixes the issue. However, some cameras are hard to get to. Why should I need to do this? These cameras are not cheap.