Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lpmom
Follower
Follower

There are no recordings in my lib rary anymore. Camera profiles show there are recordings but the library has no recordings.

422 REPLIES 422
Herojsd
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exactly the same problem, nothing on the library but I still receiving alerts. Live view works. Manual recording are safe.
Fundy1842
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here... Motion alerts  and notifications, but no recordings.  Both of my Arlo Q cameras are working as they should be.

I really think that someone at Arlo needs to reevaluate how they communicate to their customers.  Once they are aware of the problem, we should be receiving emails detailing that something is wrong, even if they don't know what it is. 

I am a registered user, and pay a significant annual fee for the 8 cameras I have invested a lot of money in to.  Like a lot of frustrated users, I really wish I had chosen a better supported system.    

RYang06
Tutor
Tutor
I see.. I did do that once before last year, basically reset everything and start over like new out of box. I'll give it a try in a few days if the system wide fix hasn't been fix in their estimated time..... Thanks
Dcskinner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now it records but will not let me see it gives me the notification but can not see anything for a full day issues are getting worse by the day not better
Deborah43560
Guide
Guide
So guess what I canceled my smart premier plan I did lose the past 7 days of recordings but guess what my cameras are recording again go figure
HARR927
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have 6 cameras, all have stopped recording. Motion sensor still sends notifications but nothing in the library.

Appears to have started around midnight and has continued throughout the day.
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I am so tired of Arlo and the associated hardware. I too have this problem and didn't realize it. I check my firewall logs and my base station has loaded 396.91MB of data today. Where are my videos in the cloud? 

This is my current upload/download statistics for Arlo

VMB4000 396.91 MB 13.09 MB 409.99 MB

Did they introduce a new product today? or update firmware/apps? They tend to break more things than they fix and don't do proper testing before release. 

Why do we even bother having a security camera like this when the videos aren't available? 

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

Since you have only had it about a month, I could strongly encourage you to return these and get something that isn't made by Arlo. For me, it's been more than a year of these types of issues and some of the issues they have taken months to fix. For your own sanity, get rid of it!

sparky8700
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since yesterday there have been no videos uploading despite multiple notifications. Also, my Arlo Smart plan does not allow me to activate all 5 cameras or set activity zones on more than 3. As if that isn’t enough, it tells me I’m not enrolled in the monthly plan I pay for.
Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same issue started just today. Seems to be only an Arlo Pro 2 issue (imagine that) because all my other Arlo pros are working and re offing fine.
Jramos2711
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm getting notifications of activity, but nothing is being recorded or saved in my library. I've already refreshed everything and nothing.
Grizle
Tutor
Tutor

Issue has been resolved now.  Once battery was fully charged I tried to remove device restart hub etc as I had done earlier and still nothing.  I ended up taking out the battery and putting back in and bingo it’s all up and running again. 

OaklandArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

i'm having the same issue. i get notifications but no recording. it just started today

veal999
Tutor
Tutor
I deleted all of my activity zones, and it started working again.
dchincom
Tutor
Tutor
I'm also having this issue. I noticed this problem starting Sunday.
Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep deleting my activity zones fixed the problem but now I don’t have activity zones I guess. Arlo gets more pitiful by the day
Terry6656
Tutor
Tutor

So given a couple comments on this site, I just canceled my smart premier plan and one camera started working (alerting and recording), however the 2nd camera now says  ”AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled”  

So now the 2nd camera is not alerting or recording..... It's like one step forward, 2 steps backward. Very frustrating! 

Msdebhawaii
Star
Star
Today my cameras are no longer recording anything. Everything resync-cameras & base, still no recording. I can see camera come on, but no recording & no notifications. I can manually record, but there is no motion detection recording. What changed on your end.
Thank you,
Debra Parmley
Hyperwind5
Star
Star
Agreed, get out while you still can. Though.. by comparing cameras there isn't much out there really.. nothing that really meets all the needs or desires.
Brandon123456
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issues. As of last night only notifications are given, without the library recording. Motion is detected and looks to be recording with zero setting changed from yesterday to today. These issues are happening on two different base stations on two different networks. I have premium subscription 60 days recording but not even getting 1 right now.
Doxiedoglover
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here, no recordings for 24 hours, calendar stuck on Oct 13th, I just got off phone with Arlo and they said they are aware and will be 48 hours more. I am not happy.
Doxiedoglover
Apprentice
Apprentice
How do I delete activity zone? I can only get to edit
Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Swipe left in the app on the zone
Pdcm
Initiate
Initiate
Swipe the activity zone to the left.