Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lpmom
Follower
Follower

There are no recordings in my lib rary anymore. Camera profiles show there are recordings but the library has no recordings.

422 REPLIES 422
gdave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

The past 12 hours the mobile app under the Library icon isnt showing any new motion/sound clips

Also when I go online to the Arlo site I don't see anything new.

I have restarted the internet and the Arlo system and it's still not doing anything.

Hope someone knows a fix for this issue

Thank you,

Hyperwind5
Star
Star

@ShayneS 

One thing to note, it looks like there was an update to the app that was released yesterday.  I experienced the same issues with the previous version, updated to the new version, and then uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Netvuk
Guide
Guide
Salpos - Yes that’s what I meant. I hear on another thread that they may be issues with this service. As part of what I did to fix the issue for me, I unsubscribed from this service. I lost all my recordings and it reverts back to 7 day recordings and standard notifications but I did get a slight refund and my cameras work again now.
RYang06
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,
So the latest/newest update on the new app was updated less then 24 hours ago. I'm having issues with no recorded videos in the library . I have restarted phone, uninstall and reinstall app, unplug main modum for 30 second and still just getting notices of everything but no video. Phone is a lg v30 if that matters.
Netvuk
Guide
Guide
Dearjohn012 - nothing showing here
https://status.arlo.com/
Terry6656
Tutor
Tutor

Unfortunately I'm not home, I know if I call/chat with Arlo tech support they will ask me to reboot and or sync the cameras. Was hoping the problem was on their end.

Kind of frustrating when you're  traveling and can't depend on this product to perform its basic functions. 

Terry6656
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I have two Pro 2 cameras with the same issue, alert but no video/record

mazulla9i39
Star
Star

That's correct.  Having an activity zone will cause the camera to not be triggered.  Behavior started this weekend.  The solution is to stop using activity zones.  Unfortunatly, you will get hundreds of false triggers because of this.

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

Don't believe everything you see on that page.

Arlo had a major glitch with people using USB stick and they never mentioned it to ANYONE. 

Netvuk
Guide
Guide
Try unsubscribing from the Arlo Smart service. You will lose recordings, revert to 7 day recordings and standard notification, but your cameras will work fine. Once Arlo have fixed the issue we can all subscribe again.
Hyperwind5
Star
Star

Mine are all also Arlo Pro 2s, so far I've only seen reports for Arlo Pro 2 in this thread, anyone else experiencing the issue with another model?

My coworker has the original Arlo camera and the cloud recordings and library work fine for her.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with missing videos in the library. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

api
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. I have 3 arlo pro2 (H3) and 4 pro (H11)
1 arlo pro 2 is working fine (2 are not)

2 arlo pro are working fine (2 not)

Jreyes1931
Guide
Guide
Same issue. Last recording was this morning at around 10:20am. Nothing since and I’ve tested, restarted devices and nothing. Hope the Arlo team can figure it out.
Jreyes1931
Guide
Guide
Same issue. Notifications not coming in and no recordings available. I got two notifications about 30 minutes ago from one of the cameras but not the other which I was standing and waving in front of it. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
JPFanz
Aspirant
Aspirant
On 10/15/19 I stoped getting videos in my library. Still get motion alerts. Just no video. Rebooted everything. No change. Got a fix for this?
Harolds
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue, according to status.arlo there is no outage

Netvuk
Guide
Guide
How many of you are having issues and are not subscribed to the Arlo Smart service?

When I unsubscribed all my cameras worked again
DCD23
Guide
Guide

Having the exact same problem.  It appears to have started around midnight last night as I typically get 10-15 videos per hour from animal activity activating the motion detection.

On hold with support now.  About 20 minutes to get from Person 28 to person 12...

Jeffq
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a vmb4000 base station (some reason not available in the model selection) and whenever I turn a camera off to charge the batteries, something goes wrong when I re-mount it.

This time the problem is I’m now getting notifications from the app but not uploading to cloud library.

My base station is hardwired to a router with 120Mb/s connection.

Things I’ve done:
1. Restarted base station
2. Restarted cameras
3. Verified settings

I can see the base station sending data to internet after motion is detected so it’s communicating but for more than a day nothing in the library with dozens of notification alerts.

Last time I charged one cameras batteries they all stopped notifying and eventually I removed and re added all the devices to resolve.

This is getting frustrating if every time I want to charge my cameras I’m going to play some game of Arlo roulette
RYang06
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah same time for me too. Well we'll see in the next 24 hours if anything happens
Hyperwind5
Star
Star
I have the smart premier service, problem is.. I paid annually.. if I unsubscribe or cancel it, I'm worried I'll lose the months I've already paid for.
DCD23
Guide
Guide

Just got off the phone with Arlo Support.   They told me that there is a system wide problem that started sometime earlier today that is keeping video from being recorded.  In my case, manual records are working, but motion detection recordings are not.

Technical support team told my support agent that a system wide fix was expected in 24-48 hours.   Must have been a pretty big BooBoo!

He walked me through a local fix, that was simply this:

*  Delete Camera from Base Station

*  Remove battery from camera

*  Unplug Base station

*  Add Camera back to Base Station using the normal: Sync Button on Base for 2+ seconds, Sync Button on Camera.

That camera is not fixed and I plan on doing the same with a couple of more cameras while I wait for them to fix the issue completely.   I was happy with the customer service, but they REALLY need to update "System Status" screens so that everyone knows what's happening without having to call.

DCD23
Guide
Guide

I should have said:

That Camera is NOW fixed....

Herojsd
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue