Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lpmom
Follower
Follower

There are no recordings in my lib rary anymore. Camera profiles show there are recordings but the library has no recordings.

422 REPLIES 422
Hyperwind5
Star
Star

Having the same issues as well, we have a cat indoors and setup 3 cameras to monitor her activity.  I reported it to Arlo Support, we went through basic troubleshooting and confirmed everything is normal.  We did a power cycle of the home base, but my cat wasn't active during that time.   I'm back the phone with support now because since then our cat has been active, received several motion alerts, but nothing in the library still.

UPDATE:  After speaking with tech support a second time.  They have not identified any particular cause, they just took me through their standard troubleshooting steps.  We're now at the point where I have to remove the batteries from all my cameras and if that doesn't work it's to remove the camera from the base station and re-sync it.  I should mentioned I have 3 indoor cameras and also 3 outdoor cameras.  So frustrated with Arlo, I think I'm at the point of cutting my losses and switching to Blink.  I stuck with Arlo only because I had invested heavily in it already and Arlo's sole advantage over Blink was that they provide local recording to USB in the case of internet outages.

GaryBoisseau
Star
Star
Since last evening, I do not show any newly recorded events in my library. If I go to the Devices tab, I can play back the most recent recorded video so it is being saved somewhere. Yes, notifications are working.
mazulla9i39
Star
Star

I had the same issue starting a few days ago.  It looks like all the subscription features like activity zones and smart detection are offline and have been for several days.  If you remove the activity zones from your camera it will work.

mazulla9i39
Star
Star

Try deleting all activity zones. I don't think any of the subscription features are working now.  It started for us over the weekend as well.

Anth0ny
Initiate
Initiate

My cameras are not recording either. It started this morning 12AM EDT.

When I look at my firewall, I can see the base station uploading data, but I have nothing in my Library on the iPhone App.

I have swapped batteries, reset base station, and nothing.

This is not our problem, this is their problem. Please fix.

Deborah43560
Guide
Guide
More than one person is having an issue so the problem is on Arlo end...not ours.
wolftrackn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar problem where one camera stopped about 4 days ago and yesterday all 4 of my cameras also stopped.  I called support today and was told that the "experts" were aware of the issue and had a ticket opened.  Now waiting for the resolution.  It sounds like support is aware but it might help to call support and open a ticket so they have better tracking capabilities.

RobKelly
Guide
Guide
Half of my cameras stopped notifying me and recording me the other day I have for cameras to are functional and recording in sending me emails and to or not. Because I've had problems that this system before I have a couple brand new cameras and batteries after I played with the existing ones in the battery in the reset and all of the other nonsense, I replaced them with new cameras all 4 were working I went to bed and all was well with the world. Today not one camera is notifying me of anything nor recording anything. Since I've had this system this probably has happened to me 5 or 6 times but this is the worst. I am so beyond sick of having to reprogram take batteries out and do all sorts of other nonsense to get their crapped a function that I'm looking for a replacement. Does anybody know a better system than this that is wireless and battery powered
CCJ101
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can see that the cameras have detected motions but no recordings are made? This is going on since a few hours..?! Is this a general problem?
Meechmom
Star
Star
Mine has been acting odd for a few weeks and today I’m getting notifications but only 3 videos in library when I would usually have at least 20 by now (1:18 pm PST). Please fix !!
Geekynerd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone having issues with Arlo Pro 2 not recording?  I called support and they had me re-sync everything and it still doesnt work.  The support is terrible and not a single tech knows what the heck they are talking about. 

Cdofam_898
Initiate
Initiate
I've been having horrible issues with my cameras not recording to my library the last few days. I've been having to pull down random cameras lately to rsync them. Now this a.m ALL of my cameras are not recording to my library! PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
Hyperwind5
Star
Star

If you haven't opened a ticket with support, I encourage everyone to do so.  When I reported it this morning, I was told no one else had reported an issue yet... not sure how true that is, but I think we'd get more traction if more users contact Arlo Support and hopefully help raise awareness of this issue.

RJoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem when I am using Zone activity .Is there any solution ?

MB-SOCAL
Apprentice
Apprentice

I see there is no response from Arlo yet.  😠

lanaaliyev
Initiate
Initiate

All three of our Arlo pro 2 wire-free cameras stopped recording today too. I see them record the motion, but when I go to the library, nothing is there. Was there any upgrade pushed? we tried to reset the base and nothing is working.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RJoo

-When did this issue first occur?

-Have you adjusted the cameras position by chance?

RJoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is happening today although it was working pretty well until morning while I had the Zone activity but now I received motion detection from Alro and IFTTT but does not save in the library.

Note: It works fine without a zone activity.

Train64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue today. Only getting video from a couple of cameras ... getting alerts on the others but no videos. Started this morning.

Netvuk
Guide
Guide
This is what I have done now. I deleted all my cameras including the one that CS will be replacing tomorrow. I then unsubscribed to the premium service stating that I cannot subscribe to such an unstable system. I then deleted the base station. I reinstalled the base station. I deleted all custom modes. I then added each camera back also renaming them. I didn’t power cycle them, just pressed the sync button etc.
I have not setup zones and I have not setup any custom modes, nor schedules. I am convinced that at the moment only basic functions are working. I’m not sure if there has been some sort of update over the weekend. I’m going to run things in the most basic mode for a few weeks. All is working fine, including the camera due to be replaced tomorrow! I’ll update tomorrow if anything changes.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have a few questions for you

-Are the recordings missing on the web portal & mobile app?

-What version of the Arlo mobile app are you experiencing the issue with?

-Which Phone/OS are you using?

-Which Cameras are you experiencing the missing recordings from?

-Which base station is affected?

-Do you have CVR enabled for any of the cameras missing recordings?

Gurlplz702
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I remove the activity zones?
FirstJohn318
Tutor
Tutor

The recordings are missing everywhere. This is not an issue with any of my devices this is an issue with your company. Everything was fine last night and all of a sudden this morning it was not working. No settings were changed.

jasonlee106
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  This has been an ongoing intermittent issue with Arlo's cloud recording for a very long time.  I get no alerts but I see motion has been detected since  I can see still images when I login into my Arlo that there has been 

Netvuk
Guide
Guide
Unsubscribing from the service also has the same effect. Beware if you do this, ALL recordings in the library get deleted, but you do get a part refund.