Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Mode That Will Allow You To Turn Inside Cameras Off While Outside Cameras Stay On

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Teelco
Follower
Follower

I have 5 cameras on a base station.  Three cameras are outside and two are inside.  When I am home, I want to set a "mode" that keeps the outside cameras on and turns off the inside camaras.   

When I tried to set up a mode it only allows you to have one camara be the "trigering" device for the other two cameras.  I want them just to act like normal.  Each outside camara turns on when it detects motion and the two inside cameras stay off.   This seems like it should be a no brainer but I can't find that option!  help?? 

2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

You do this using rules under modes.

So create a new mode and add your first camera and save it. Then edit this mode and add a rules for the other cameras that you would like to work when you are home. Activate this mode when you are home and then set the system to armed when you leave home.

brh
Master
Master

@Teelco

To elaborate a little more on what Streak2 said above, I have set up two custom modes:

1) Outside Cameras On

2) All cameras On

When you select the arrow to the right of the mode name you will be taken to the Rules page. Make a rule for each outside camera in the first mode and in the second mode make a rule for each camera that you have. Now, if you want to cross trigger, (have one camera trigger itself and other cameras when it detects motion or audio, follow the example I  am giving you below. Let's say your outside cameras are named, "Camera A, Camera B and Camera C." so, for example,

When Camera A Detects Motion Then Do The Following:

Camera A triggers and records. When setting up the rule for Camera A, also select CameraB and Camera C to also record. You can set the sensitivity and how long to record individually for each camera.

Then make the rule for Camera B

When Camera B Detects Motion Then Do The Following:

Camera B triggers and records. When setting up the rule for Camera B, also select Camera A and Camera C to also record.

Then make the rule for camera C.

When Camera C Detects Motion Then Do The Following:

Camera C triggers and records. When setting up the rule for Camera C, also select Camera A and Camera B to also record.

Do the same thing for all the cameras in the second mode selecting which cameras if any you wish to cross trigger.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation