Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mobile App Notifications Don't Go Away

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor

When I get a notification, I removed the video from the library by deleting it. However even when I back out of the Arlo mobile and close it down, the notification remains. The only way I can get it to go away, is to restart my phone. Any idea why this happens? I have tried deleting the app and downloading it again... but it's the same once I get another notification. Any idea why this is happening? Seems to be a problem with the mobile application. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically the same thing for Android. It's the top of the phone screen, not the top of the app.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Android or iOS? WHen I get a notification, I just clear it using the normal phone clearing mechanism.

Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
I use an Android Samsung Note 9. There is nowhere on the application to clear any notifications except for the library for deleting videos. Not that I can see you anyways. Where is the location of the selection to delete on the app for notifications on your Android phone?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just pull down the notification bar that has the notifications and select Clear All. You could click on the notification to go to the app, too, which should clear the notification.

Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor

Hmm... I don't have anything like that. I see the notification on the top of the app, then open the app, then have to go into 3 dots on the top right corner, to open "settings" and then... I see the Notifications selection. No place to pull anything down at all. I have version 2.7.1-23406 . What version do you have? Unless I delete a video, and then power down... the app still shows all notifications. Using Samsung Note 9. Thanks

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Notifications on iOS (and, I assume, Android) are a separate OS service that is utilized by apps to display messages on the home screen.  The persistence of the notifications on the screen is unrelated to videos or apps once they have been sent to the OS notification service.  Once they have been displayed, the persistence of the notification is governed by the OS user interface.  On iOS, it works similarly to the way jguerdat describes above.   On iOS, I just pull down from the top of the screen to display a list of notifications organized by app.  I can then read, delete, delete by app or delete all notifications.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically the same thing for Android. It's the top of the phone screen, not the top of the app.

Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks I'll try it and see if it appears on my phone. The Arlo app is added into the pages of apps. I use a shortcut from the app to my home screen and that's where I receive the notifications so I hope this works. I'll let you know! Thanks

Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks so much it worked exactly as you said! I needed to go to the top of my home screen on my Android phone, pull it down and select to delete the notifications there. Worked like a charm! Thanks again.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation