Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App Settings Help

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mogy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have a profile to the Arlo community in order to make research with some questions before I invested in an Arlo Alarm system. I go for two alarms Arlo Pro 2 managed by ONE APP. Today I have received my Arlo pro 2 models og would set it up with the app that I have downloaded from the App Store. And now the system tells me, that my profile in the Arlo system is known but not in combination with an alarm. No, because I am trying to connect my alarm by logging in with my profile. In actual fact I cannot introduce myself as a new Arlo Customer unless I change my emailadress. But that is not the wright way to solve the challenge. Shall I cancel my profile to the community and then connect with the app? The challenge is that I am not allowed to introduce myself as a new customer because of the emailadress. And the full emailadress with password informs me that this is not combined with an alarm. What do I do to set my new alarm with the App?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By alarm do you mean the whole Arlo system or the siren on the base station?

If you already have an Arlo account, just log in and use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim a base. Sync only the appropriate cameras to that base. When syncing, be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds.

Once that system is set up, use the Add Device selection again to claim the second base. Sync the rest of the cameras to that base.

Note that you can only have 5 total cameras on the basic free plan. Depending on what country you're in, you may be able to subscribe to a plan that allows more cameras. If not, or if you choose to not want to spend the money, you will need to create a second Arlo account using a second email address. You would use this second account for the second base and its cameras. Once you have the second system set up, use Settings, Grant access in that second account to grant access from that account to the first one. Follow the emailed directions carefully. That way all cameras will be seen in one login.

Mogy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Guru. Thanks for reaction. I cannot just login on my account because it tells me that my email address already is in use. It has detected an NETGEAR account but this is not combined with an alarm system. I just want to set up my Arlo Pro 2 system with two cameras, received today. How do I do this with the App? When I am talking about alarms I mean the system. 

Dontbuyarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Don’t buy return fast typical netgear they don’t honor warranty then while under warranty want you to pay to fix problem they cause just happened the second time with netgear product run as fast as you can and get your money back buy the ring or something that honors there warranty
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks for the totally bogus response. That was a great help.

To the OP, I've seen other folks say that there's a problem due to an existing Netgear account and I don't know how to get around it other than to use a second email address you may have.

Mogy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, What a situation. You get a profile/account to make research, as a result of this research you buy a product - however you have to change emailadress to use this product by the reason that you got this account. I can´t believe that this is true. Perhaps the solution is to delete your profile/account before installing the Arlo product. The day tomorrow will show. I do hope that I receive proposals to other customerfriendly solutions !!!!???? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try using the Netgear account. I don't have any input as to whether it will work. The split between Netgear and Arlo has various ramifications that aren't necessarily useful.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation