Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Minimum mbps requirement?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

If the minimum mbps requirement is 1.0 mbps, would increasing it make any kind of difference?

Right now I have 150 mbps.

My internet provider is trying to get me to upgrade to 300, would it make any type of improvement with the cameras/quality?   (Arlo Pro 2, with 2 bases stations, 5 cameras)

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Once you are up as high as 150 any further increase would make no difference at all, specially if you are not currently having any issues related to internet speed.

I have 60/60 at home with more than double the number of cameras that you have including 4k and 2k cameras and never have any issues, even when my internet service was half of that.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @billkex

Along with what Streak2 mentioned, this article may have some information you inquired about.

What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@billkex wrote:

If the minimum mbps requirement is 1.0 mbps, would increasing it make any kind of difference?

Right now I have 150 mbps.

My internet provider is trying to get me to upgrade to 300, would it make any type of improvement with the cameras/quality?   (Arlo Pro 2, with 2 bases stations, 5 cameras)

If you have actually have a solid 150 mbps upload, then the answer is no.  If you aren't getting consistent upload performance, then upgrading the service might solve that.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation