Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lots of companies selling AC adapters to power/charge your Arlo cameras. Make sure it is 9 volt!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I have found that there are a lot of companies online selling AC adapters for powering/charging your Arlo cameras. Make sure it is 9 volt, NOT 5 volt.

Otherwise, you will possibly get error messages, and never be able to get the camera charged to 100%.

Why?...because 5 volts is not enough power to get the battery charged to where it needs to be.  You need a 9 volt adapter.

a.jpgbbbb.jpg(see photos of adapter)

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@billkex wrote:

I have found that there are a lot of companies online selling AC adapters for powering/charging your Arlo cameras. Make sure it is 9 volt, NOT 5 volt.

Otherwise, you will possibly get error messages, and never be able to get the camera charged to 100%.

Why?...because 5 volts is not enough power to get the battery charged to where it needs to be.  You need a 9 volt adapter.

Just want to add that this depends on what Arlo cameras you have.  9 volts is needed for the Pro/Pro2 cameras, but not all the others.

This is a bit of a nuisance if you have a mix of camera models.  The power specs on most of the Arlo chargers is in small low-contrast text.  I find it convenient to use a permanent marker to identify what charger goes with what models.

Though a third-party charger that supports Qualcomm Quickcharge generally will work with all cameras. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Def need the 9v for the Pro camera.... As to the Pro2, somewhere along the production it was changed to 5v. ( as did newer cams )

But if using a 5/9v adapter will work for either.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation