Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KR64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since updating with the new Arlo App (replacing the Arlo Legacy App), we have lost the ability to adjust the the following:

• Length of recording when camera is activated - all of our cameras have been set to an 11 second duration, so depending on the disturbance it picks up, we have been getting up 100 recordings a day PER camera!
  • Ability to choose camera activation by sound or motion
  • Sensitivity does not seem to function, cameras go off regardles of how low we have set the sensitivity level in the "motion detection test" section.

We have unloaded and reloaded the app multiple times but nothing has changed.  We also reset the hub station and it didn't change anything.  Both my wife and I have iPhones 8, updated to the latest iOS 13.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KR64 wrote:

• Length of recording when camera is activated - all of our cameras have been set to an 11 second duration, so depending on the disturbance it picks up, we have been getting up 100 recordings a day PER camera!
  • Ability to choose camera activation by sound or motion

Are you saying you can't change those settings from the app?  What version of the app are you using?  Have you tried changing them using the browser interface?

KR64
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot change them using the App or logging in on my laptop.  I downloaded the new Arlo app and deleted the old Arlo "Legacy" app.

Did the settings to adjust video recording time, activation of the camera by sound and motion get moved to another location witin the App?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KR64 wrote:

Did the settings to adjust video recording time, activation of the camera by sound and motion get moved to another location witin the App?

I don't think so, but I usually adjust those from the web client.

With the new Android app, I touch mode, then the base station.  From there I see all the modes for that base, with a pencil icon next to each.

I touch one of the pencil, and I see the rules (also with a pencil next to each).  I then touch the pencil next to one of the rules.

At that point I have check boxes for activation of detects motion and detects audio.  Pencils next to each lets me edit sensitivity.  The pencil next to "record video" lets me set the recording duraion.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation