Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NicoleJ
Star
Star

Ever since earlier today my cameras are recording and i can see recordings in the library, but on the devices page none are showing and I can’t do a line view (just has the spinning circle) and if i hit the device settings for each camera it says they the are all offline but they aren’t b/c they are recording. I’ve tried viewing the app on both iPhone and iPad and it’s doing the same thing on both. 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd try power cycling the base first (pull the plug or use the power switch). It might b e worthwhile to use the web client (my.arlo.com) to see if the same thing happens.

NicoleJ
Star
Star

thanks. I was hoping to use the restart as a last resort. It currently says that the base and all 3 cameras are offline that’s why i can’t live stream…but they sent b-c the motion is recording and i can see it in the library. If i unplug im afraid i wont get them to come up again at all. I’d i go to the my.arlo.com and go to my cameras it launched the app, wont launch in the browser. 

trinity4723
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue since a couple of days ago.  I'm wondering if it is something on their end and not something on ours.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycling the base doesn't change anything unless there's a hardware problem in the first place. I just had to do this to my hub to clear an issue with no I'll effects. These things are basically computers and sometimes they get stupid. 

NicoleJ
Star
Star

Thank you. I will give that a try. I did try to log into the browser portal on my phone and it just keeps on trying to interface with the app to view the cameras. I deleted the app and tried without it, but it would not open the link. I am trying on my iPad and you just keep cycling me back-and-forth to the same log on screen screen without allowing me to to view anything.

NicoleJ
Star
Star

Using the bottom on the back to restart fixed the issue. I appreciate your help!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@NicoleJ wrote:

Thank you. I will give that a try. I did try to log into the browser portal on my phone and it just keeps on trying to interface with the app to view the cameras. I deleted the app and tried without it, but it would not open the link. I am trying on my iPad and you just keep cycling me back-and-forth to the same log on screen screen without allowing me to to view anything.

It's my understanding that use of an iOS device causes the mobile browser to not work on Arlo's website, even when set to use the desktop version. Android works fine although that's no help here. You'd need to use a computer browser instead.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation