Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live Camera streaming issues on iOS16

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
OCPablo
Follower
Follower

After weeks of looking for answers and over an hour with online Arlo support (not a good experience), I found a potential setting in iOS16.5.1.

Issue: I could not connect to any live stream of any camera either remotely on a mobile device OR at home on a wired/wireless connection.  

What we found was that in the Wifi settings in iOS, we found that by turning off  "Private Wifi Address", we were able to stream via both mobile data and on our wireless network.

This was noted to Support during our live chat session, and noted there needs to be a software/firmware update to fix this issue.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@OCPablo wrote:

After weeks of looking for answers and over an hour with online Arlo support (not a good experience), I found a potential setting in iOS16.5.1.

Issue: I could not connect to any live stream of any camera either remotely on a mobile device OR at home on a wired/wireless connection.  

What we found was that in the Wifi settings in iOS, we found that by turning off  "Private Wifi Address", we were able to stream via both mobile data and on our wireless network.

FWIW, my iphone 12 mini has "Private Wifi Address" enabled, and is running iOS 16.5.1(c).  Livestreaming works on both wifi and mobile connections.

It might be worth confirming your setting change by turning the feature on again, and seeing if livestreaming fails.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation