Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro2 - cant get Arlo to grant access to another user

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Richardvdk
Follower
Follower

I have tried several times to get Alro to grant access to another user . have followed instructions and the closest i have come to getting it to work is the other user gets notices that the cameras are going off but cant see cameras on their app . never has the grant access to cameras showed up in devices

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Richardvdk wrote:

I have tried several times to get Alro to grant access to another user . have followed instructions and the closest i have come to getting it to work is the other user gets notices that the cameras are going off but cant see cameras on their app . never has the grant access to cameras showed up in devices

There are two "user experiences" at the moment, and they need to be the same in both accounts.  Note this is NOT about the app version - the current app supports both "experiences".

See if your app shows "Library" at the bottom, or if it instead shows "Feed" and "Dashboard".   Do the same with the other user's account.

If the other user has "Feed" and you have "Library", then you need to migrate your account to "Feed".  You do this by going into "add device" and adding a Pro 5s camera.  That will fail, because you don't own one.  The process will prompt you to migrate to "Feed".

"Feed" is quite different, and there is no way to migrate back.  One major difference is that "Feed" doesn't allow custom modes.  So if you are using them, you might not want to migrate.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation