Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Enzogolfo
Tutor
Tutor

I’m viewing all my videos from 7 cameras (some arlo pro and some arlo pro2) and they start slow and clumsy and then normal. Is it a cloud problem? Is someone else having same problem?

43 REPLIES 43
Chewsie
Initiate
Initiate

I’ve just started having problems after being forced to upgrade to new version. Never had a problem until now - great quality video, even at night. Since the upgrade, every video starts off jerky, than stops a few seconds in. The timeline doesn’t budge and pausing/playing has no effect. I have tried rebooting the base station but it hasn’t changed how videos (don’t) play.

I hope it is quickly fixed because I’m no longer getting the level of security that I paid for and can’t feel confident about my safety until my cameras work properly again.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I too have noticed a difference in video quality from what it used to be.

It used to be sharp & clear, it is now blurrier, and the recorded video is real bad. it occasionally freezes, skips frames, speeds up or slows down. Very frustrating. it Makes me regretting this purchase.

...What caused this?

Did Arlo cut back on something after separating from Netgear?

JRif
Tutor
Tutor
Has anyone noticed a little improvement on the pixelation? My picture, although not perfect, has improved where I can at least see the video. Still a bit choppy And still getting double notifications. Hopefully Arlo is working on it.
MrKeet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same slow motion effect on iPhone only. On Mac there is no slow motion. Probably new app rather than iPhone is the cause.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is looking into reports where users are reporting that library recordings will play in slow motion for Arlo iOS app on 2.9.1. We'll provide an update once we hear any new information regarding this.

BigBear1967
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think it is a combination of problems.  The slowness and pixellation (during the first three seconds of the video) has been occurring on my iPhone since I upgraded it to iOS 13.1.1.  However, the slowness does NOT occur on my.arlo.com but the pixellation does occur during the first three seconds of each video.  

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

No improvement on the pixelation. As a matter of fact, it's getting worse.

It seems like each day the quality is getting worse. The images are not sharp at all.

I'm like the others, I won't continue using this if it does not improve. We all paid a lot of money for this system, and we KNOW that it isn't what it used it be. 

Can someone from Arlo tell us if this is being looked into? 

Dannybear
Master
Master
I have noticed that the initial 3sec slowdown of video has stopped occurring on new recordings over the last few days. The recordings prior still shows the issues.

Unless a arlo media server issue has been resolved the only other change at my end was to move the local wifi modem channel from 6 fixed to channel 3 fixed.

I still get the video stalling after 15 seconds on a few though.
LJ67
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem, except my videos are freezing entirely now and won't play at all.  I get an alert and I get to see the first frame of the video which remains frozen in time.  It's a bit anxiety-provoking, actually.  I'm also required to log in each and every time I go online to check alerts (on my computer since I can no longer use the app to do so).  I've also been getting alerts several minutes and even hours AFTER activity occurred which is not helpful at all.  And up until this morning I was receiving two alerts for each detection which was extremely annoying.  This app change has us thinking about buying a competetor's security cameras, unfortunately.  We don't feel we can trust our Arlo system anymore ... before the app change it was largely trustworthy.  I feel like we wasted a LOT of money now ... we aren't happy.  😠

LJ67
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree with this customer.  This sucks.

LJ67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please check the problems I'm having (noted in my reply).  Arlo needs to fix things quick style.  This isn't working for us.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A fix on the Arlo cloud was released resolving the issue some users were experiencing with recordings playing in "slow motion". New library recordings should now play back as expected.

LJ67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well mine still won't play back at all - I just checked again now.  The videos freeze on the first frame.  I have to log onto a computer to see any videos.

Heinie
Guide
Guide
Mine is working good now thank you!!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @LJ67,

Is this happening with the new library recordings?

MrKeet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still have slow motion for the first 4 seconds. Also a glitch at 15 seconds (sometimes it freezes or the person suddenly disappears) :-0

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for letting us know that you're still seeing this issue. Our development team is looking into this and we'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new information.

Z3
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved on the latest Arlo iOS app, which is version 2.10. Please make sure to update to the latest version of the app.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

Discussion stats