Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library Filter cleared when a new event is triggered.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Yesterday, my wife complained about the behavior of the library view.  She uses the quick filter on the devices screen to choose a device for which she wants to review recordings.  While looking at the library view for that device, the filter appears to get cleared automatically (through no action on her part) and the library view adjusts to show images from all devices.   This morning I had the exact same experience.  I have not yet determined if this is just when I use the quick filter on the devices screen or if it also happens when I use the more awkward filter functionality through the menus.

Has anyone else experienced this?  We are on iOS V12.2 and Arlo app V2.7.5.  This did not happen on V2.7.4 and the previous version of iOS...12.1.x (4?…3?  I’ve forgotten what it was)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

This odd problem which occurred on two different iPads logged into two differen Arlo accounts, has not reoccurred, so it must have been a real fluke.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
I checked on iPhone 5s iOS 12.1.4 with Arlo’s App V2.7.5 and does not behave as you describe.

I do find it annoying that if you are in devices and had previously used the smart filter while in the same login session, that when you return to the library it does not reset the filter and you have to reset it manually or relogin again.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Dannybear wrote:
I checked on iPhone 5s iOS 12.1.4 with Arlo’s App V2.7.5 and does not behave as you describe.

I do find it annoying that if you are in devices and had previously used the smart filter while in the same login session, that when you return to the library it does not reset the filter and you have to reset it manually or relogin again.

Also, I forgot to mention this is on our iPads.  11” Pro and Air 2.  Both at running iOS 12.2 and App V2.7.5.

I agree completely about the sticky (left over) quick filter when re-entering the library from the devices screen.  Perhaps my problem is related to an attempt to fix THAT problem.  It seems to clear the filter as soon as there is a new recording.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Just checked the iPad Air 2 with iOS 12.2 and Arlo’s App v2.7.5 and not getting it either unless I’m missing a step,
Select camera filter from devices page and monitor the filtered library view, create a detection. I noted that filter refreshs with the new recording and remains The same and no additional videos from the other cameras appear.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Dannybear wrote:
Just checked the iPad Air 2 with iOS 12.2 and Arlo’s App v2.7.5 and not getting it either unless I’m missing a step,
Select camera filter from devices page and monitor the filtered library view, create a detection. I noted that filter refreshs with the new recording and remains The same and no additional videos from the other cameras appear.

Thank you for testing.  We monitor a lot of cameras and had a lot of activity going on cameras that were not the one being filtered, but perhaps it was a weird one day event.  I’ll experiment like you did with the same camera and different cameras to see if it does it again and if so, if the triggered device makes any difference.  Also the devices we were watching were those with granted permission and not owned.   Lots of variables.  Yikes.

Thanks again.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

This odd problem which occurred on two different iPads logged into two differen Arlo accounts, has not reoccurred, so it must have been a real fluke.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation