Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cfera1166
Star
Star

So, I signed up for the free 1mth trial of Smart and was able to access all the features straight away.  I added zones to all cameras and changed settings to recieve push notifications for persons only.

Four of my five cameras have stopped recording anything - even when testing by cranking mode sensitivity to 100 and walking directly through several of the zones.  The fifth camera has gone completely haywire becoming overly sensitive and recorded absolutely nothing ~150 times over the course of 24 hours.  It seems that deleting the zones 'fixes' the four other cameras and they record as they used to.  I haven't tried yet, but would guess that deleting the zones on the fifth, trigger-happy camera would probably fix that issue as well.

Is there something special I should be doing to the "mode" settings or perhaps sensitivity settings that I'm just missing?

So far, the person detection works, but the zones seem to be a complete disaster -- what am I doing wrong?

-Chris

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cfera1166,

How many zones are you setting up per camera? Are you using the default "Armed" mode or a custom mode?

JamesC

Cfera1166
Star
Star

I was using a custom mode (I have one interior camera that we only use when away and need to keep disabled otherwise).  I was using 3 zones to try to capture the right areas -- hard to describe, so I included a diagram...Zones.png

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cfera1166,

Try rebooting your base station and see if you still experience this behavior after the reboot.

JamesC

Cfera1166
Star
Star

I did try resetting but with no luck -- I'm kind of amazed at how badly this messed up my system.  Prior to this, everthing was working fine.  

I've cancelled the smart subcription and gone back to my old settings, but my cameras are not functioning the way they used to.  The sensitivity levels seem to have little impact and most cameras only sporadically capture anything.  I'm afraid that I might need to reset the entire system.

Any thoughts?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cfera1166,

Where are you changing your sensitivity settings? For these changes to impact motion detection, it needs to be changed with your modes/rules. Are you still using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode? Is there any difference in behavior when using one vs the other?

JamesC

Cfera1166
Star
Star

James,

Yes, I'm adjusting sensitivity through the mode settings.  I've tried both the "armed" mode and the custom modes -- not sure why this should have anything to do with proper operation of the software though?  Is that a common issue?

-Chris

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cfera1166,

Not typically, I'm just trying to see if it behaves differently based on any difference in settings. It sounds like more in depth troubleshooting will be needed to understand why you're experiencing an issue. I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Cfera1166
Star
Star

Thanks - I gave them a try first off and they had me reboot the system.  Appreciate your help.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation