Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Out of focus

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Jeykunimitsu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just set up my arlo pro 2 and have it plugged in and in position. For some reason it is out of focus, i Know it's not my internet because it's about 15ft from the router and base, my other cameras which are further are in focus so I'm not sure what's going on. I did notice when i placed it down on a board, the board was in the frame of the camera a little and really in focus nice but everything that was further then that was very out of focus. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it's possible that the lens isn't properly mounted in the camera, there are other possibilities. Is it safe to assum that you removed the plastic protector over the lens (it's sometimes missed)? Is it possible that the WiFi connection to the base is being interfered with somehow? Swap cameras areound to see if it's the camera or location.

Jeykunimitsu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've did all and check all that and its still the same. I've removed the cams from the app and took the batteries out then put them back in. I reset my modem and the arlo base but the result is the same.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may be able to swap the camera at the store. Otherwise, open a case with support here for possible faulty hardware.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Any chance of a screenshot?

I think I saw another camera that may have been dropped and the lens assembly moved and made the camera image out of focus. Pretty sure Netgear replaced that one for free

Oldblade
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue with an Arlo Go hope someone can help

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oldblade,

It could be due to a dirty lens. Have you tried cleaning off the face of the camera?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation