Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

As each day passes, I am becoming more frustrated with the image quality and the issues of images freezing, speeding up, etc.

Does anyone know if Arlo is looking into the quality issues? ....or are we all just gonna have to live with this crap? 

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi billkex,

Have you tried removing the camera battery and re-inserting it back in to see if that helps? Also check the signal strength to ensure a stable connection. You can read here to learn how to improve your image quality on your Arlo camera: How do I get better picture quality from my Arlo camera?

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, I have removed the batteries, reinstalled them.

Removed the cameras from the program, reinstalled them.

Rebooted everything numerous times.

I TRULY BELIEVE THIS IS AN ARLO SOFTWARE / NEW APP ISSUE.  Not an operator issue.

Everything worked perfectly fine before Arlo introduced this new app (or split from Netgear) ......the image quality and the recorded video is pure crap now.

ARE THEY DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?  If not, I may be forced to replace this system with another brand, because it is unreliable.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're experiencing this problem after trying out all troubleshooting steps, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I have been working with Tech support. They sent me a new VMB 4000 base station to try.

It made no difference. The recorded videos are still blurry (NOT 1080) the videos still occasionally freeze, speed up, pixelate, images vanish, etc.

I'll keep everyone posted on the next step.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Beef
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sounds like the problems I and others are having with our pro2 plugged into the ac power outlet.check out below.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/About-1-3-of-recordings-play-about-10-seconds-and-video-fre...

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

For those of us having recorded video issues (freezing, skipping, speeding up, pixalating,  video ending too soon, video-audio not in sync, etc. etc.)  We all know it's NOT an issue with the cameras or the base station, it's an issue with the Arlo software/app.

Truth is, these cameras are 1080 and work fine (they did before Arlo made the change in April-June 2019)

The question is, can these cameras be used with a different security system other than Arlo?

I'd hate to just toss the cameras in the trash.

I am beyond frustrated with waiting for Arlo to correct what they screwed up. It all worked fine before., many of us know that.  Arlo had sent me a new base station to test, it made no difference.

For those of you that are in the same boat, what will you do with your cameras if you switch systems?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation