Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is it possible to set geofencing for some cameras, but not all?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Wubba
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to set geofencing for some cameras, but not all?  For example, I have cameras inside and outside our home.  When we come home, I want the geofence to disarm the inside cameras, but leave the outside cameras armed.  When I set up geofencing in the app, it seems to want to include all or none, and I don't see the ability to apply geofencing to specific cameras.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

@Wubba wrote:

Is it possible to set geofencing for some cameras, but not all?  For example, I have cameras inside and outside our home.  When we come home, I want the geofence to disarm the inside cameras, but leave the outside cameras armed.  When I set up geofencing in the app, it seems to want to include all or none, and I don't see the ability to apply geofencing to specific cameras.  

When you set up geofencing, you choose both a home mode and an away mode:  https://kb.arlo.com/1085093/How-does-Arlo-Geofencing-work-and-how-do-I-set-it-up

What you want to do is set up a custom mode that does what you want.  Then chose that mode as your home mode.

Or, depending on what you have done, choose the custom mode that you have set up to enable those indoor cameras as your "away" mode when using geofencing.

You can approach these things from different angles to enable geofencing and scheduling. For example, you might want some indoor cameras to be active at night.

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wubba wrote:

When you set up geofencing, you choose both a home mode and an away mode:  https://kb.arlo.com/1085093/How-does-Arlo-Geofencing-work-and-how-do-I-set-it-up

What you want to do is set up a custom mode that does what you want.  Then chose that mode as your home mode.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

@Wubba wrote:

Or, depending on what you have done, choose the custom mode that you have set up to enable those indoor cameras as your "away" mode when using geofencing.

You can approach these things from different angles to enable geofencing and scheduling. For example, you might want some indoor cameras to be active at night.

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Wubba
Aspirant
Aspirant

That did the trick!  Thank you, both!  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation