Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Stephan580
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have an issue with Scheduling, system won’t arm to the correct mode. Keeps setting to disarm, instead of the scheduled programmed mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a browser for anything under the Mode tab. The apps still have a problem with setting/displaying anything there - might be right, may not.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dannybear
Master
Master

Can you add more detail about the issue?
Does it change mode by itself or is it not displaying the wanted mode status you have in the schedule.

Stephan580
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it not displaying the wanted mode status you have in the schedule.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a browser for anything under the Mode tab. The apps still have a problem with setting/displaying anything there - might be right, may not.

Dannybear
Master
Master

@jguerdat

I find this also when using the iOS app in that if I make a change of mode I need to re login the App to get the status to be refreshed.

Off topic:
I’m not sure if anyone else finds this annoying but I have found that it is too easy to accidentally alter the mode selection when viewing the mode page using the iOS App because of my big thumb. I think it should have a check pop up to confirm a change.

Kaos5284
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having a similar problem. The cameras are not arming and disarming according to the schedule. They are going on and off at all different times. I have checked and we are using the correct time zone.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you checked if the mode status is correct using the web browser on a computer?
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

This has been an ongoing problem for a long time now. My work around that I found works for me the best is this:

I do use geofencing, so if we are away, all cameras arm. Otherwise, only my 2 cameras on the front of my house are armed all the time even when someone is home. 

I basically use 3 settings: Armed, Day, Night. I found when I only used 2 (Armed and Day) that my system would disarm, so my schedule is this:

Armed and Night are basically the same thing, All 4 cameras record. 

I have DAY set for 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.   I have NIGHT set for 9:00 p.m. - Midnight, then I have ARMED set from Midnight - 6:00 a.m.

Since I inserted the night mode, my system has been working fine for a long time now. Hope this helps. 

Stephan580
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven’t checked it via a web browser, main reason I went with Arlo was so I could utilise the app because I travel a lot.  I might try setting up a schedule on the computer then seeing if it activates correctly via the app when I change the mode.

Stephan580
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you program this schedule via the app or on a computer?

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I did mine on my computer because at the time, the ios app had a different time that the desktop site. The desktop site would schedule from say 12:00 to 6:00, but the ios would do something like 12:00 to 5:59 (so I think the time was getting confused). I am not sure if that's been fixed, since I haven't had to deal with the schedule in about 6 months now. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation