Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arielshiran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,
I'm looking for a mount to an Arlo Pro 2 camera which will be placed outside.
I have a speaker mounted on the wall and trying to figure out whether any 3rd party mount (including the flexible or adjustable mounts from all kinds) will allow me to mount on the speaker's mount without the need to drill additional holes in that corner. The camera will have to be directed to the same angle as the speaker (see pictures for understanding how it looks like and see the mount lower and upper parts where there may be some space to position a mount for the Arlo camera).
Any recommendations for this setup that will work? I saw different 3rd party solutions like Wasserstein's and AceTaken's but not sure which one to choose (or should I prefer drilling more holes for this camera there and solve it that way...) Also, I'd like the camera to be constantly connected to the power cord and bought the special cable with the 90 degrees connector. 
I'd appreciate anyspeedy reply to make a decision about the product to purchase.
Thank you,
Ariel

5 REPLIES 5
arielshiran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I've just purchased a few Arlo Pro 2 cameras and some of them have to be installed outside on walls.

I'd like them to be connected to the power cord constantly to avoid the need to charge batteries and purchased the Wasserstein power cord for that purpose.

I read a lot of reviews on different outdoor wall mounts by Arlo and by 3rd parties but still not sure what mount will enable me to have the power cord to be constantly connected to the camera while it's on the mount.

I'd appreciate any advice and referral to a model and manufacturer of such a mount from someone who has the same setup.

Thank you!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Any standard threaded mount for a normal camera will fit the Pro2...

it is the factory standard 1/4 -20 thread

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
arielshiran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure I understand. I want to try and use the speaker mount as the basis for a hanging the camera mount. What accessory/mount will work? Can you refer me to something specific?

Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

How about a picture of what your mounting it to ?

Morse is faster than texting!
arielshiran
Aspirant
Aspirant

I attached an image to the first message and attaching another one here.

I'm not sure why the images are shown that way. The speaker is mounted vertically and not horizontally. There are mounts at the top and the bottom of the speaker.

The solutions I saw include the ones from Wasserstein (mostly this which I'm not sure if will fit on the speaker's mount: https://www.amazon.com/Wasserstein-Versatile-Compatible-Flexible-Gooseneck-Like/dp/B071Y3RGHZ/ref=sr...)

and AceTaken:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/17437964011?_encoding=UTF8&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=AceTaken&r...

I know this solution will probably fit (drilling behind the speaker and having the long arm outside the speaker's space): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GVMSVW6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1L5U0NYUR3SXD&psc=1 but prefer finding a solution which will not require drilling holes.

Maybe there are other solutions I haven't found/encountered/thought about which can work and therefore asking here again.

I'm planning to have a 90 degrees angle cable constantly charge the camera and also have a skin on it.

IMG_5394.jpgIMG_5395.jpg

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation