Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is it possible to film continuously with Arlo or does it stop filming after a while?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Erilekn
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is it possible to film continously with Arlo or does it stop filming after a while. If i have somone at my door i want to film noice and film continously. Is that possible or does filming stop and start after registraiting of sound or moving.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You are prob using "till motion stops".... ( what the camera sees as motion )

you can get more time by setting the record length to a FIXED time up to 3 mins.  Then it will take about 15 sec to reset and go off again.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Motion and/or sound detection can start recording as set up in your modes and rules. You can use a timed recording from 10 to 120 seconds or "record until motion stops". The latter is for up to 5 minutes but remember that the camera has to be able to detect the continued motion to keep recording, not your eyes. Timed recordings frequently work better but testing would help your decision.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Erilekn wrote:

Is it possible to film continously with Arlo or does it stop filming after a while. If i have somone at my door i want to film noice and film continously. Is that possible or does filming stop and start after registraiting of sound or moving.

You can also purchase a continuous recording subscription ( https://kb.arlo.com/1018425/What-is-continuous-video-recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-use-it )

That is for a specific camera, and you need to make sure that camera is AC powered (solar or battery power won't work).

Despite the "continuous" in the name, there often are some gaps from time to time.

Erilekn
Apprentice
Apprentice

The camera must film longer and just a couple of sec/min If i stan d in my door and i want to film all of it not just a clip.

The camera must film longer then it is now.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You are prob using "till motion stops".... ( what the camera sees as motion )

you can get more time by setting the record length to a FIXED time up to 3 mins.  Then it will take about 15 sec to reset and go off again.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation