Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Intermittent Login Error On WiFi

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SRunions
Tutor
Tutor

Most times when I attempt to login to Arlo iOS App on my Home WiFi it errors with a can’t find server message. Turning off WiFi and using Cell Network works every time without issue. Seen a lot of treads posted about 7 months ago, but nothing resent with any resolve. So I thought about the issue and tried manually setting a known valid DNS Server Setting on my iPhone for the SSID I was connecting to on my iPhone. (Did not have to make any Home Router changes to try this)

I’m now several days later and have not experienced any issues logging into Arlo on WiFi, nor any other Apps I use on my iPhone. Also did not put anyone else on Home WiFi at risk of my experimentation !

Thought I would share if it has any value to others ...

P.S. I only wish the Base Station had a stronger Wireless Signal to reach outdoor cameras further away on property!

2 REPLIES 2
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

If you were getting a msg that said can’t find server and then you turned off Wi-Fi and used the cell network and it worked that tells me that your ISP to your home was down or doing maintenance. One way to check this would be to try to login to your account on a computer. If you continue to see the can’t find server, I would suggest you have your ISP check your lines and let them know your experiencing dropouts.

As far as DNS servers I use https://1.1.1.1/ on my router.

Adding another base station to extend the Wi-Fi range can help. 

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
SRunions
Tutor
Tutor
Default DNS for Residential Routers is itself then it on your behalf makes the request up to the ISP DNSs which can take longer than making a static entry, in my case this has been going on for several months since I purchased Arlo. Believe me, all other internet activity is working as I’ve tested on both my affected iphone and other devices. I can repeatedly get this error while able to successfully get the internet on other apps and devices in my home network. To me it’s an Arlo App timing issue whereas it doesn’t wait long enough for the uplink DNS lookup reply. My wife’s iPhone exhibits the same issue, so she now just tells me she can’t login to Arlo and continues on with her other Internet Apps that work. And I’m aware of how to spend more money with additional network appliances/Arlo_Hub together that coverage, just wish I didn’t have to spend more if something would have been stronger with the single Arlo Hub!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation