Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Memyselfandi3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a pro 2 and I’m super happy with it. I wanted to add new cameras and move some to another place.
The information is so SO unclear. I found updated information on a tech site that the new cameras will still have free 7 days, but when I read pro 3, it says 3 months included. ARGH.
You can do “some things with some bases”, I read in here, but there’s no page that shows the models of bases to the numbers which people are referring to. Is there a hidden pages with the base units and numbers?

Then, the tech sites say you can’t access the stored footage. But then in here it looks like this was remedied? Maybe?
Can you access and delete footage over the web? Can you protect some from deleting? Can you use a USB drive to store on all of them? Or just an SD card? This is all info that I, barely a tech person want. So... why is it so hard to find... I got everything I needed when I bought my pro 2, why is it so hard now?!

It won’t even let me label this Arlo 3, Arlo 2, base station, or free cloud for tagging. Maybe I have to ditch my Arlo.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the whole slew of FAQs here that would answer your questions? The support links here get you a ton of information.

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 require a subscription for cloud recordings. The Pro 2 and older still get the free 7 day plan for 5 cameras or less per account. Local recordings on a USB drive are free and can be accessed via the app on many bases/hubs.

Memyselfandi3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did look. And there’s no clear chart that I can look at to see what I need. “Many” bases doesn’t help me when there’s numbers all through this forum and no visual to compare to, as all the sale sites only show a photo and not which base is which number. 

Theres no clear answer on which visual base has storage and whether they have usb or only sd which is what’s in the picture. There’s nothing clear about whether it’s accessible on line. I spent a lot of time on it and I’m a single mom of toddlers- it’s too much time already. I just want a chart comparing.... most companies offer that. 

To throw at me that there here are a slew of things, with no links, when I said that I had dug around is pretty unhelpful and dismisses my efforts. If I could find what I needed, I wouldn’t have asked, if it was available or I had found it, I wouldn’t have asked. If you’re not going to give me links, it doesn’t help.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Memyselfandi3  Did you go to the support link he said at the bottom of this page. It has many links and you can search for links to questions. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Modenacart
Guide
Guide

You dog the guy for not looking at support links and provide incorrect information.  You state that  you get the seven day storage with five cameras, which is true, but what you don't say and what Arlo's website does not say under product description is that you CANNOT view or locally record camera's after number five without paying for a subscription.  This is a classic bait and switch and is a classic tactic of a dishonest company.  When you contact support all they do is say "sorry that it is not clear" and leave you screwed with a brick for a camera.  

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation