Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HoldenMaGroin
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras have two main issues:

1) If I select manual record the cameras do not record anything to the library. The red record button is on and the record timer is going but the camera is not recording. 

2) My cameras seem to always disconnect and try reconnecting while on manual record.  Especially when there is movement. 

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi HoldenMaGroin,

What Arlo camera are you experiencing this issue on? Is it happening on all cameras? And is this happening on both the Arlo mobile app and/or web client on your computer?

HoldenMaGroin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessica,

It is the Arlo 2 Pro wireless camera. Yes, it is happening on all of the cameras. Yes, it is happening on the mobile app and on the web client.  

I can set it on manual record. As soon as someone walks into the field of view the camera will stop recording and/or go into a state of "lost connection".   I've also had it tell me it is recording and then does not record.  Two of the cameras are within 5 to 16 feet of the wireless router. The other 3 are at 26, 34 and 67 feet of the wireless router.  I have a range extender in the middle of these cameras as well.  I have a new modem and wireless router that is not even a year old yet.  My internet connection speed is 150 Mbps.  

I have also had the cameras continue to run (I can hear background noise) but asks me to select play to turn the camera on to view the surrounding area.

I have power cycled both the cameras and the base station. Reset the modem and wireless router.  Firmware is up to date.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation