Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I just noticed that on only one of my cameras, the icon for sound detection and also push notifications are greyed out. This is in the "mode" setting page of my desktop portal. The strange thing is everything works as far as video capture goes, sound included. And I get the push notifications. But in the mode page I can not change the level of sound detection. If I access this on my iPhone the icons are not grey and I am able to adjust the sound level. Very strange [as Arlo has come to be!] 

Actually I just looked at one other camera and its push notification is also grey, yet functioning correctly.

OK....this is happening in real time. I looked again and the second camera now has a grey push notification icon. What is going on???

Anyone else????? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So....I found out that if I removed all the cameras from the “Smart Notifications Active Camera” section and then put them back, it all works properly again. 
Thank you Arlo, for jumping in and helping me out (he says with heavy sarcasm!) and for the wasted two hours screwing around with you under developed tech. Thank you SO MUCH.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

No one??

Im stuck now. ALL four cameras are buggered now. When I go to “mode”, “armed” and then “edit mode”, all my cameras have the “when audio is detected” box checked BUT grey. I can no longer adjust the level of sound detection nor can I uncheck the box. It is totally unresponsive.

The same for my push notifications. All four cameras are checked, yet they are grey and I can not uncheck them.

Below the grey, checked fields it says to go to “Smart Notifications” and turn off all audio notifications and return to edit mode and turn off audio. I try that but nothing changes either way. This is the same instruction for push notifications and it makes no difference either. 
As it is a windy night here, I am getting many “audio” alarms because I can’t lower the detection level. I have had to resort to turning off all microphones in the individual camera settings but now I fear I will have zero audio on any motion capture recordings. So, so fed up with this garbage. Just when it was looking like things were improving with my system.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So....I found out that if I removed all the cameras from the “Smart Notifications Active Camera” section and then put them back, it all works properly again. 
Thank you Arlo, for jumping in and helping me out (he says with heavy sarcasm!) and for the wasted two hours screwing around with you under developed tech. Thank you SO MUCH.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation