Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thehort
Aspirant
Aspirant

what does an icon of a triangle in a red circle located on the right side next to the 'number of recordings' mean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Zones are active when at least one of two things are true:

1) AC power is applied

2) Arlo Smart has been subscribed for the camera

Since you don't have power normally connected, the Smart sub would be needed. If you don't want to pay for that, the little icon will remain as a reminder but otherwise has no effect.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can click on it to see.

It's a reminder that activity zones can be set up. To use that, you either need the camera to be plugged into AC power or to subscribe to a plan with Smart.

thehort
Aspirant
Aspirant

When clicking on the icon 'red circle with a white triangle with an exclamation mark in the center' I get this message:

"AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled."

I brought down the camera (Pro 2) and attempted to adjust the Activity Zone.  I was able to make the change with my Iphone app, but it didn't seem to have any affect on the Activity Zone of the camera.  Plus, the Icon didn't go away after disconnecting from power and replacing the camera on its mounting. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Zones are active when at least one of two things are true:

1) AC power is applied

2) Arlo Smart has been subscribed for the camera

Since you don't have power normally connected, the Smart sub would be needed. If you don't want to pay for that, the little icon will remain as a reminder but otherwise has no effect.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation