Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jmatteo
Follower
Follower

I just purchased a new iPhone and I keep receiving the unable to add trusted device error. I thought this was resolved months ago. The device is completely new, not reloaded from iCloud and I made a unique name for it as well so there is no duplication.

Best answers
  • Bill2314
    Aspirant
    Aspirant

Thank you. Deleting the application from settings and installing again worked.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

@Allanwalsh

As a workaround, you can use the don't trust option to log in to the arlo app. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Can you login by selecting don't trust? 

220 REPLIES 220
Bonham
Initiate
Initiate

Ty. Hi Arlo tech. Is deleting the app the verified solution?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The issue with trusting a device is being investigated. Removing and re-installing the app may be a temporary workaround, but I can not confirm if this is a verified fix or a confirmed temporary workaround.

I will be sure to update this thread as soon as I have more info to share. I have requested for additional updates.  

RC25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks all for the suggestion.  I did try that initially and it did not work.  I tried again and no luck.  I do have it working though surprisingly as I have chosen "Don't Trust" the device.

ewjacobsmd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed an Arlo Pro 2 system several years ago and registered it on my two older I-Phones.  I now want to update the app to work with two new I-Phones.  When I entered my login info correctly, the app says it doesn't trust the info -- and there is no way on the app to add a new phone.  I am at an impasse.  Any ideas?  Should I delete and then re-install the app?

Wstrnlily
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to log in with a new iPhone.  After repeated push notifications and text messages to authenticate the new iPhone I cannot get the app to Trust the new iPhone.

Looking at this resolved support issues I noticed that people worked around this issue simply by clicking on "Do Not Trust".  I did the same and I am able to access my cameras from the new iPhone but this is incredibly insecure and defeaes the purpose of 2FA.

Can you please reopen this discussion since it is clearly not resolved?

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-3/There-was-a-problem-trusting-this-device/m-p/1866244

Jojo8
Initiate
Initiate

When signing in to my Arlo account, it is not recognizing my new Apple 14 Pro phone as a reliable device. Never had issues before.

Fireblade69
Guide
Guide

I too suffered with the same issue in that I purchased an iPhone 14 Pro Max and couldn't get the phone trusted.

Solution: Is to delete the app off your phone and reinstall. This solves the issue and I could immediately trust the new device.

RC25
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for the info.  It seems to be a more common experience with new 14's?  After my third delete and reinstall, I opened that app and it appeared to have all of my login info as I did not ask me for trust.  As before, I had it working with "don't trust" and it now is still working without a choice, I guess I will continue on.  The Arlo team is investigating in any event.

thanks again

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Streak2
Master Master
Master
Bynoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the status on fixing the “Trust” issue with new iPhone 14? This is very frustrating and Apple says it’s on the developer side. Can Arlo escalate this issue? Going to move to another security product very soon . . . 

C_P
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently upgraded my iPhone and had no issues with the previous one.  When I attempt to log in to the app on the new phone, I can get all the way to the Add Trusted Device? ('Trust' or 'Don't Trust' options) page.  Selecting 'Trust' ends with a red banner message, 'There was a problem trusting this device. Try...' (it gets cut off and the banner is not selectable).  I can log in with my old phone and laptop without this issue.

I've read a number of other posts in the community and none of their solutions have helped.

Updated my Arlo app, power cycled my phone... no help.

Selected 'Don't Trust' and can get in, but I want my primary device to be a trusted device. 

msazone
Luminary
Luminary

Follow the steps from the link I shared

haripulijal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Delete app didn’t work and send the code to the mail, it kept sending to old phone. 

After complains here it started working ie. It sent code to the email to authenticate. 

SarahLRoach
Aspirant
Aspirant

We signed out of the app on the old phone first? And then we might have actually deleted it completely….

sorry the delete app and reinstall didn’t work for you

Dj2345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dannybear - tried that.  Still didn’t work.

Dj2345
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked for me too

sionedo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem! Very frustrating. Doesn’t matter what I do, it won’t trust the new device! As it stands there is no point having a camera!

yohanncoba
Initiate
Initiate

I am also having this issue. Please help. 

HDUFF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue w my iPhone 14 Pro. It says it can’t “trust” my new device. Can tech support post a solution here please???

haripulijal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Eventually, after a few days when I took alternate authentication and picked front camera from the options it presented (not sure why camera), it sent code to the email and it worked. 

Bonniejmcneill
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having the same issue with my Iphone pro max. We have an expensive around the house security system that we’ve paid for the last 2 months that we can’t access  — since purchase of new iPhone. This is not fair. This must be corrected by Arlo. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am monitoring this issue closely, it appears to be an issue with Ping ID and we are waiting for additional info on a resolution. I will update the thread as soon as possible. 

beachsue
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to add my phone as a trusted device I get the message "There was a problem trusting this device. Try...".

I can't see the rest of the message to know what to try and can't click on it either.  Firmware is 1.5.295, my phone is an iphone, as was my previous one. I can't find anything on this problem online