I just purchased a new iPhone and I keep receiving the unable to add trusted device error. I thought this was resolved months ago. The device is completely new, not reloaded from iCloud and I made a unique name for it as well so there is no duplication.
Solved! Go to Solution.
- Related Labels:
Arlo Mobile App
May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.
what is the error message you receive?
It’s resolved by itself now. When I picked other authentication it sent code to the email which I received and entered the code, then it allowed me to add the new device. Prior to that it didn’t send the code.
Yes, I was able to access my cameras by selecting the don't trust option and was able to delete my "trusted" old iPhone. But, was still unable to "trust" my new iPhone 14.
After upgrading to new iphone, Arlo will not allow to add my new iphone as trusted device (I have granted rights). I tried deleting the trusted device from Settings-Profile-Login Settings-Two-Step Verification, but there is no way to delete it. So the work around was to select a different Two-Factor authentication and then select Not trust. This is really inconvenient. I saw a thread with my exact issue - Add trusted device issue, but the thread was closed without a resolution, although it was stated as resolved.
Please give developers 2 options fix today: 1. deploy update or 2. update the red banner to say. Login with don't trust since you are not able to fix it as of now. You are wasting customers' time by not communicating your bug clearly. A UI html/js update is easy to deploy now. Ty.
I am having this issue as well on a new iPhone 14 pro. It is also not receiving push notifications, but maybe because that is because it is logged in as an untrusted device?
The topic on refusal to add trusted device was prematurely closed because the problem has not been solved. I tried to add my iPad Pro as trusted device and Arlo refused to do so. I only could connect to my doorbell when marked that my device was not trusted. It is not right; it is frustrating. Arlo should finally get to work and find a solution. It has been over 6 months since it was reported. By the way, I have sufficient Wi-Fi db at the site.
Have you tried using a pc web browser to login to my.arlo.com. Go to settings/account profile/login settings/two-step verification and trust the new phone. Edit to set as primary to receive the 2fa requests.
I’m having the same problem. After hitting don’t trust. It works fine for a few days and then it gets me logged out and I have to log back in. This is a pain in the butt. I have a subscription with Arlo and I expect it to be taken care of. iPhone 14 is not working with this and it should. For a monthly fee I think they should be taken care of. Also, you are give us a way to email people directly. This community support is bogus.