Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jmatteo
Follower
Follower

I just purchased a new iPhone and I keep receiving the unable to add trusted device error. I thought this was resolved months ago. The device is completely new, not reloaded from iCloud and I made a unique name for it as well so there is no duplication.

Best answers
  • Bill2314
    Aspirant
    Aspirant

Thank you. Deleting the application from settings and installing again worked.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

@Allanwalsh

As a workaround, you can use the don't trust option to log in to the arlo app. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Can you login by selecting don't trust? 

220 REPLIES 220
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

what is the error message you receive?

haripulijal
Aspirant
Aspirant

It doesn’t give SMS option, I wish it did. When you pick other option, it gives front camera as alternative, which doesn’t make sense.

haripulijal
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s resolved by itself now. When I picked other authentication it sent code to the email which I received and entered the code, then it allowed me to add the new device. Prior to that it didn’t send the code.

Dubach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I was able to access my cameras by selecting the don't trust option and was able to delete my "trusted" old iPhone.  But, was still unable to "trust" my new iPhone 14.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dubach

Thank you for that info, I will provide this to the Dev team. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@haripulijal

Thank you for the update.

Fireblade69
Guide
Guide

I’m having the same issue with an IPhone 14 Pro Max and iOS 16.2

GilbertG
Aspirant
Aspirant

After upgrading to new iphone, Arlo will not allow to add my new iphone as trusted device (I have granted rights).  I tried deleting the trusted device from Settings-Profile-Login Settings-Two-Step Verification, but there is no way to delete it.  So the work around was to select a different Two-Factor authentication and then select Not trust.  This is really inconvenient.  I saw a thread with my exact issue - Add trusted device issue, but the thread was closed without a resolution, although it was stated as resolved.

PoulH_Denmark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem with my Iphone 14 pro. Same error message

Post78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another person here with the notification “There was a problem trusting this device”.

iphone 14 Pro on ios 16.2

Allanwalsh
Aspirant
Aspirant

iPhone 14 remains offline after all of the suggestions. Network and hub and cameras are all working. What next?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Allanwalsh

As a workaround, you can use the don't trust option to log in to the arlo app. 

ghk
Aspirant
Aspirant

having same issue. log in on iPhone app. receive code notification via text. I tap Trust and after 30 second it says There was problem trusting device

Bonham
Initiate
Initiate

Please give developers 2 options fix today: 1. deploy update or 2. update the red banner to say. Login with don't trust since you are not able to fix it as of now. You are wasting customers' time by not communicating your bug clearly. A UI html/js update is easy to deploy now. Ty.

Lasummers
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got a new IPhone and the Arlo app will not “trust” the device so I cannot use the app.

thesleepdoctor
Guide
Guide

I am having this issue as well on a new iPhone 14 pro. It is also not receiving push notifications, but maybe because that is because it is logged in as an untrusted device?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

We’re you able to login to the my.arlo.com site with a pc browser to trust the new phone?

Adamaw
Initiate
Initiate

The topic on refusal to add trusted device was prematurely closed because the problem has not been solved. I tried to add my iPad Pro as trusted device and Arlo refused to do so. I only could connect to my doorbell when marked that my device was not trusted. It is not right; it is frustrating.  Arlo should finally get to work and find a solution. It has been over 6 months since it was reported. By the way, I have sufficient Wi-Fi db at the site.

Cmau11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Every time I try to add my new iPhone 14 pro to the arlo app it says "There was a problem trusting It” 

Djuneek24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot trust new device. I’ve tried everything. 

Gpoel
Initiate
Initiate

Got New iPhone and cant set it to be trusted , keep getting errro message after verification via old phone/iPad/webbrowser…..

deanpickles
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler
Getting same error. Pop up notification on old phone just opens app (without any “give access” button.) using SMS or email code on new phone gives an error. Trying to use support via app is useless — just leads to a “make sure you’re not mistyping your password” suggestion. 
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Have you tried using a pc web browser to login to my.arlo.com. Go to settings/account profile/login settings/two-step verification and trust the new phone. Edit to set as primary to receive the 2fa requests.

Frank277
Initiate
Initiate

I’m having the same problem. After hitting don’t trust. It works fine for a few days and then it gets me logged out and I have to log back in. This is a pain in the butt. I have a subscription with Arlo and I expect it to be taken care of. iPhone 14 is not working with this and it should. For a monthly fee I think they should be taken care of. Also, you are give us a way to email people directly. This community support is bogus. 

CarlWhite
Initiate
Initiate

Why won't my new phone be trusted?