Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jmatteo
Follower
Follower

I just purchased a new iPhone and I keep receiving the unable to add trusted device error. I thought this was resolved months ago. The device is completely new, not reloaded from iCloud and I made a unique name for it as well so there is no duplication.

Best answers
  • Bill2314
    Aspirant
    Aspirant

Thank you. Deleting the application from settings and installing again worked.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

@Allanwalsh

As a workaround, you can use the don't trust option to log in to the arlo app. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Can you login by selecting don't trust? 

220 REPLIES 220
msazone
Luminary
Luminary

After don't trust I can access the app. Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

No problem, I'll be sure to keep you and the thread updated as soon as I have more info for you. 

jonlesk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got a new iphone and the app will not let me add it, says that it is not a trusted device?

Vega1236
Initiate
Initiate

I also just upgraded to IPhone 14 Pro Max and having issues trusting the device. I even deleted the old phone from trusted device but still having issues. Please let me know the fix

Jas-Singh
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, 

I was using iPhone 7 and your app was working fine.  I switched over to the iPhone 14 and now your app is installed but it does not allow me to setup the new iPhone as trusted device.  It just gives me an error and there is no way to resolve this issue.  Please help me resolve this issue. 

I try to call your tech support to get some help and there is no tech support provided.  I don't know  how can you survive as a business when you are not ready to provide a phone support.  I wish, I knew that it was going to be this difficult to get some help when I purchased your product and I would have bought another product.  Nobody has time to set here go through your community website to find a solution to their problem.  People are busy with other important things in their lives and nobody wants to spend the money with a company to purchase a product that does not work and then take days to find a tech support.  It was total waste of money by purchasing your product and I would also write and email to Costco as well that they should not sell your product in their store.  The only reason I purchased this product is because it was sold at Costco and I trusted their brand.  It did not know that I need to go through this much trouble to get help on a simple question.  I just switched my phone and now your application is not working.  Changing a phone does not mean that I can't use your app any more.  I should be allowed to have more than one phone as trust device on your app or website.

I hope that someone will read my message and respond back to me and help me resolve my issue.  It will be disappointing if I need to wait for days to get help on this simple issue which should not even be an issues if your application worked properly.  Just because you don't know how to design your application, I need to spend hours of time on the internet to find a solution to my problem.  Not to forget the money I already spent with your company when I purchased this product.  This is total waist of time. 

I look forward to hear from your soon. 

Thanks, 

Jas Singh

rubayet
Tutor
Tutor

Hi I had the same issue switching from my iPhone12 to 14. There is a easy solution. Just tap “Dont Trust”- it will work and the app will open.

haripulijal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, not able to get support.

I upgraded to iphone 14 and don't have the old iphone 11. Now I am not able to login, it keeps saying it doesn't recognize the device after login/password. Says try another verification method and it show front camera. No codes are coming to my email

haripulijal
Aspirant
Aspirant

There seems to be no way to reach out to Arlo support. It would have been good to say how the issue was resolved by the tech support.

Jas-Singh
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your help.  But they should provide help on resolving this issue.  I still have not received any response regarding my issue.  What a bad tech support.  I would how they stay in business.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @haripulijal

Are you still experiencing this? 

JeffD1245wtyew
Initiate
Initiate

I am facing the same issue with a purchased Iphone 14.  I previously had an Iphone XR and it worked without an issue, but I can't get the Arlo app to Trust the Iphone 14 device, it simply gives an error and suggests to try again later.

JeffD1245wtyew
Initiate
Initiate

Shayne, can you update on the status and confirm if any root cause was identified?  Thanks, Jeff

dsdurkes
Initiate
Initiate

I have this same issue. 

Liceton
Aspirant
Aspirant

How did you get this resolved? 

Dubach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shane, I just upgraded to an iPhone 14 and am having the same issue with it not being a trusted device.   I didn't see a fix on the thread I was reading.   Has this issue been fixed?

Thanks, Scott

msazone
Luminary
Luminary

What I did was picked the "not trusted" option then I could use the app. You can do the same and just setup a phone number for the verification process.

AlexxC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem and I don’t see anyone has posted the solution. Is there one?! 

NickCali
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem. Clicking Don’t trust device worked. 

Craigz
Initiate
Initiate

My iPad has been locked out as a trusted device after 8 years of working great - I really need a resolution to this - chat with your virtual rep was useless - I miss real support with a phone number

Cocache05
Aspirant
Aspirant
New iPhone and new iPad. Trying to log on to app on both devices but app doesn’t recognize either device. Attempts to vet devices are unsuccessful via texts or emails. Any suggestions how I access cams on app?
mc-in-aus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a new iPhone 14 and every time I try to add it as a trusted device to the arlo secure app it says "There was a problem trusting this device. Try again." I have tried everything I can think of and I've been through the support forums looking for an answer. It seems that this have been an ongoing issue for some months with no resolution. I cannot get by with the suggested response of clicking on "dont trust". I had an incident yesterday which needed to to check a camera quickly and I have to go through the entire process of the MFA before I could look at the camera which is unacceptable. Also makes my doorbell useless.

Anyone know if there been a fix for this issue yet? 

RajBin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.... Device is not recognized. Please help!

haripulijal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, no one seems to post a solution. I am considering cutting over to Ring at this point.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI All & @Jmatteo

When you login to the App via the "Don't trust" option, have you tried removing any of the old devices in the trusted device list then Log out & Log back in and try trusting the device again? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@haripulijal

Have you tried the sms Message option as well under "Try another verification method?