Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

So I unplugged my Arlo Pro 2 Base Station to move it into the next room, where it is to be permanently installed once I'd checked it all out, but now I don't get any notifications and, when I click 'Live' I immediately get a 'timeout' message in the Safari or Firefox browser window.  Chrome always prompts me for a new version of Adobe Flash Player, so I won't use that browser, for the moment.

On my iPhone, when I click on 'Live' I just get the 'Connecting...' icon and nothing happens until I'm informed "The Arlo device is offline."

The LED on my Arlo hub  is static blue.

Do I need to reset everything and start again, or send it back (I've had it only two days!) and get asomething else?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't mention how it is connected to the router after move... extender ? cable?

That could possibly be the issue...

You could always temp move it back and see if if works, but sometimes when moved it needs a reset.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I didn't, sorry.

It's exactly the same, as my network at home is hard-wired  - and the hub is actually closer to the router.

I called Arlo Support about this, and it seems that every time the power is - effectively - cut to the Arlo hub, I will need to carry out a manual reset of the hub (small recessed button at the back) and reconnect my cameras!  We've been prone to power cuts in my area, and having to do this everytime will be a PITA!

I'm not sure why this should be the case, though, because other threads indicate the system should restore after a power cut - unless that in conjunction with moving them is 'confusing' the hub, but that doesn't make sense.  It is, after all, only a machine - albeit a reasonably clever one!

I wonder if this is a 'bug' with the VMB4500, which came with my Pro 2 kit.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I called Arlo Support about this, and it seems that every time the power is - effectively - cut to the Arlo hub, I will need to carry out a manual reset of the hub (small recessed button at the back) and reconnect my cameras! 

That is certainly not my experience.  I've often pulled the plug on my hubs (power-cycling them) and haven't ever had to do that.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hmm, not sure what's occurring with mine, then!

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nope, this is rubbish...

I got up this morning and checked mthe hub - perfect, steady blue LED, the camera's haven't moved, not expecting any notifications - but the hub is showing 'offline'. on my iPhone app.  WTH?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

That is certainly not my experience.  I've often pulled the plug on my hubs (power-cycling them) and haven't ever had to do that.

I have even moved my Orbi router (albeit in AP) mode from a direct link to the router on to a "remote" Powerline network and had to change nothing.

If support really did say that, it is wrong.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I got up this morning and checked the hub - perfect, steady blue LED, the camera's haven't moved, not expecting any notifications - but the hub is showing 'offline'. on my iPhone app.  WTH?

See if you can find the base station's IP address in your router's attached devices list.  If you can, then try "pinging" the IP address from a PC and see if it responds.  If you've never run ping, there is some information here: https://www.netgains.org/blog/how-to-do-ping-and-traceroute-for-windows-and-mac/

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

It's there, but pinging it times out.

Arlo support have just suggested I restart my whole network, so lets see how that goes!

Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation