Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
7shelly7
Follower
Follower

I'm no longer receiving notifications

8 REPLIES 8
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Same here for the past 3 days.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I’ve had this issue too! What I did was went into the app and I made sure my system was armed. I then went to the camera and walked in front of it to see is the motion icon turned orange, if it does and no video is in the library or if it does and there’s a video and you still do not receive notifications, try resetting your base station.
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

This happened several weeks ago to 2 cams, had to resync them, a PITA.

Just reset base station and no fix.

getting ridiculous 

7shelly
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi.. I went into the notication permissions on the Arlo app. Somehow the "allow phone calls" had been unallowed. I re accepted it and now my notifications work again. The last update may have removed that specific permission. But, I'm very disappointed in the non response that I received from Arlo when I was begging for help.
7shelly
Aspirant
Aspirant
My fix was permissions. See my reply.
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

thanks for heads up, didn't fix my issue tho 😞 

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary
Same here. Push notifications on Android phone stopped working yesterday. With all the problems with Thanksgiving 2018 app update, I stopped updating the app with the 1/18/2019 update that fixed the last time the mode and the notification issues were supposedly fixed. Then I saw on the forum that lots of people are having issues with subsequent 2019 app updates. It seems that the most recent April 2019 app update that was supposed to fix all these issues has now broken my app. And now I no longer receive push notifications of any sort.... I'm afraid to accept this last update in case it breaks everything completely like the November 2018 app update did....sigh....
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary
I was trying out different things with the app. Turning on the app phone permissions, getting notifications, and then turning off the phone app permissions and still getting notifications worked before for me. But this time I had to do it more than once to get it to work. I think the sequence of events that work for me this time what's something like this: 1) with app phone permissions off, no notifications received. Reboot phone. 2) Log off app, then log back in. Arlo app will pop up a message saying that it needs to turn on phone permissions to give you notifications. Allow this. Notification should start recurring. 3) Because I am opposed to giving the app phone permissions, then I go back to Android settings and turn off phone permissions for Arlo. However, the app continues to give me push notifications.

I think the difference for me is instead of just turning on app phone permissions directly in the Android app settings, letting the Arlo app do it is what seems to get the notification started again.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation