Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I haven't been able to connect the app to my camera's.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Helen63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the new app I haven't been able to connect the app to my camera's. I still have viewing option through signing into the program but this isn't convenient when away from the property or in the night time.  I have deleted and re install the app several times ,  I have the latest iphone 11  I am at my wits end  can someone please advise some help as I have surfed the net 

Regards 

14 REPLIES 14
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Helen63,

Is this happening when you're viewing on your WiFi and/or cellular data? Are you experiencing this issue when trying to view on the web client on your computer?

Helen63
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cannot get pass connect and searching for wifi no problems with wifi as phone and other devices connected to it
View through computer no issue only want it back on my phone as I travel a lot so need the convenience
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Helen63 wrote:
I cannot get pass connect and searching for wifi no problems with wifi as phone and other devices connected to it
View through computer no issue only want it back on my phone as I travel a lot so need the convenience

I don't follow exactly what is happening there. (Not enough punctuation for my small brain.) Can you describe the steps you take and where it goes wrong?

A click at a time and the error messages that pop up.

Are you saying that you cannot get the Arlo app on your iphone to connect to the wifi somewhere away from home?

Is the whole problem that you "cannot get past connect"?

Connect to what? What are you doing when this happens?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Helen63
Aspirant
Aspirant
I down load the app
Plug Ethernet cable into base
Power base station
Looking for devices
Continues to search keeps coming up retry
Nothing wrong with wifi
As other appliance connect no problem
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's kind of hard to guess at what you're saying but I'll take a stab.

Why are you disconnecting/turning off the base? Generally, it should be on at all times to prevent the camera batteries from rapidly depleting. This is due to the cameras trying to connect to a non-existent base. Maybe the camera batteries are dead?

When/how do you get "looking for devices"? Are you trying to use the Add Device selection when the system is already set up? Or are you trying to use live view? We need ALL details, not a summary.

And your WiFi has nothing to do with Arlo which connects via Ethernet. All it needs is an Internet connection which is typically acknowledged by a green Internet LED on the base.

Hogan1010
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar issue from what I can see above so wanted to share my experience and some details.  I have a iPhone 7 and 8 both running iOS 13.5.1 and version 2.17 of the Arlo IOS app. For the last several days my cameras (3 Arlo Pros and 1 Arlo Pro 3) just say “Getting Status” and on the mode tab states “Getting Information”. This happens on WIFI and cellular. The base station (VMB 4000) has been reset and does not work as a fix. I have logged out of the app and logged back in and it does not work. I have deleted and reinstalled app and it does not work. Logging in through a web browser works as it should with no issues.  I have had all four cameras up for several months and owned the Arlo Pros for several years and have never experienced a persistent issue like this before.   Any other suggestions?  🤔

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Hogan1010,

When you mentioned that you reset your Base Station, does that mean you did a restart? Try power cycling your Base Station by unplugging the power adapter from the outlet, wait two minutes, and reconnect the power adapter to the outlet. The base station takes one to two minutes to start. When the power LED and Internet LED light solid green, your base station is connected to the Internet. 

Hogan1010
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did the equivalent of power cycling the base station as per your suggestion and it does not work. That is what I meant by restart. This is an Arlo app glitch. When will this be corrected ?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Hogan1010
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am not really sure the purpose of this forum. Hopefully support is more helpful.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

When you talk to support, prepare yourself with details of what you are doing and any messages that you see.

Unlike support, this place is mostly fellow users who have grappled with the idiosyncrasies of Arlo kit. The official team has access to your on-line activity which might reveal more details.

The fact that the iOS app works for many people hints at something other than your blanket suggestion of an "app glitch". Arlo can't fix something that ain't broke for most users.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Hogan1010
Aspirant
Aspirant

@michaelkenward Take a look at the thread below.  More users, same issue.   Just because your mobile app is working does not mean there is not a widespread bug that affects others like myself and those on these threads.  I am not a newbie to IT or Arlo and have been a long time customer and this is a bug in the latest app update!  Most people probably do not even know about this forum to document all the issues nor want to take the time.  I have a call into support.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Stuck-on-getting-status/m-p/1775914

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Hogan1010 wrote:

@michaelkenward Take a look at the thread below.  More users, same issue.   

That's a three-week old conversation in a fast moving arena. We've had updates since then.

We don't even know if @Helen63 still has the problem. Indeed, the message that started this off may not even be the same thing.

Nothing new there in near-on three weeks. Guarantees nothing, of course, but when there are dozens of people with the same problem, they pile in. I'd expect to see a mountain of messages.

Issues that clobber a few people are harder to pin down than universal glitches.

Can you add useful details missing for that conversation? Is your experience different from the one described there? This one said nothing about getting stuck on status.

These things can depend on lots of factors. So add as much information as possible and it can help to debug issues.

Just another user
Hogan1010
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I can't "useful details" for someone I do not know.   Can you? Please review my first post where I provided everything for a superuser or anyone else to provide value added feedback.  If you don't have any value added feedback I do not understand why you are compelled to continue to respond other than to prove your self worth.  By the way, I called support and they are aware of the issue and it is an "ongoing issue" for other users as well.  They have opened a ticket and are in contact with "engineering".  

As for your previous comment, "Arlo can't fix something that ain't broke for most users".  That is utterly false and I am sure Arlo would not agree with that statement.  They surely should and sure have to if they want my continued business.  They will be getting their cameras returned for a refund if they do not.    

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation