Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have new Arlo 2.. One battery is loosing charge ALOT! Tonight at 30% not even two weeks

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SorryLeaf1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am Bill. I have 5 ARLO2 Cameras. One of them the battery is discharging very fast. in less than two weeks im at 30%. I am pluging it in tonight to recgarge to 100%. Any one else have this? Question 2. On Amaxon I bought 2 Long charging cords so I could leave the camera Up hi and charge it. I tryied this wire tonight and could NOT get it to conect to the back of the camera. I am returning them tomorrow. Question is there ANY long charging cords that DO work? Thanks Bill M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SorryLeaf1
Aspirant
Aspirant

cant use them they don't conect to the camera

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@SorryLeaf1

Wasserstein makes a lot of cables claiming to be Arlo compatible. Some people have used them successfully but many people have claimed that the cables are junk. I have seen posts where using cables made by this company have actually damaged their cameras, so use at your own risk. They are not recommended by Arlo and if anything happens to your camera, your warranty might be voided.

Have you considered using a solar panel?

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Fast battery depletion suggests either frequent usage (5 minutes total of live view and recording total per day is spec usage) or a connection issue between the base and camera caused by distance, signal blockage or 2.4GHz interference. One way to test is to swap cameras around to see if the issue stays with the camera or location.

SorryLeaf1
Aspirant
Aspirant

cant use them they don't conect to the camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation