Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I can't initiate a live stream

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Chrispaula
Aspirant
Aspirant

The library will not run. I click on a time and it goes to buffering. I am set up on a Samsung labtop and a LG phone.

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried? Have you rebooted the base?

Chrispaula
Aspirant
Aspirant

no. is that your suggestion to fix the problem?

I have tried to uninstall the app, then reinstall it. That did not help.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chrispaula wrote:

no. is that your suggestion to fix the problem?

I have tried to uninstall the app, then reinstall it. That did not help.

What happens in a PC browser (my.arlo.com)?

Chrispaula
Aspirant
Aspirant

It does work on my pc.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What version of Android is running on the phone?

Chrispaula
Aspirant
Aspirant

Android version 10

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One option is to contact support (using the link in the upper right of the forum page), and see if they can help.

Have you tried testing with the phone connected to your home wifi, but cellular data off?  Then test the other way around (wifi off, and cellular data on)?

Chrispaula
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi StephenB. When I turn off wifi on my phone, the library now works, I can open and watch any camera shot. So does this mean there is a problem with my phone connection to my wifi? And does it mean I will have to turn on and off wifi on my phone whenever I want to view my library.  ( not the ideal way to do things)

Also, I still cannot watch anything on my tablet. This is actually  the device I use the most. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chrispaula wrote:

When I turn off wifi on my phone, the library now works, I can open and watch any camera shot. So does this mean there is a problem with my phone connection to my wifi? 

Ok, that is progress (though obviously it needs to work when the phone and tablet are connected to wifi).

How is your wifi set up? traditional router, APs, mesh, extender, ...  What equipment is being used?

Chrispaula
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an ATT router.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chrispaula wrote:

I have an ATT router.

Ok. 

1. Is the base station directly connected to the router?  Also, is the router the host of your home wifi?
  2. Do you have separate network names for 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz, or do you just have one network name?

Also, if your app isn't set up to allow Background data, try enabling that.

Chrispaula
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have chatted with the Arlo support team and they know about the problem. They will notify me when they correct the problem. So I will end this conversation.

Thank you for everything you did for me.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation